Here’s another new Galaxy S8 Active leak provides additional details on Samsung’s upcoming rugged phone. Alternatively, there’s been heavily leaked Galaxy S8 Active renders and the release date tends to land soon, offering a rugged design and much more. Here is everything you need to know about.
First and foremost, the training manual leaked for Samsung’s upcoming phone, giving us a bright look at the overall design and internals of the Galaxy S8 Active. Secondly, a press shot of the same phone has been emerged, that got hold of the Samsung employee training manual for the phone that merges with earlier leaks reafferming Bixby Button as an Active Key. It also has MIL-STD-810G endurance rating.
The model number for Galaxy S8 Active (SM-G892A) has already been certified by the FCC. Now the phone with SM-N950 model number has surfaced, appears to have been received FCC certification. What this exactly means is that, this shows support for all the usual bands. In addition to that it also has a new band 66 and 600MHz band specifically for T-Mobile models.
However, the leak confirms previous rumors regarding the Galaxy S8 Active: the device will feature a 5.8-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED shatter-resistant display, while Samsung using ShatterShield technology, Snapdragon 835, 4GB of RAM, 64GB internal storage, dedicated microSD card slot, IP68 and MIL-STD-810G rating, 12MP dual pixel camera, 8MP front facing shooter, Bluetooth 5.1, NFC, and moreover the device is equipped with a 4000mAh battery.
On the software front, the Galaxy S8 Active will run Android 7.0 Nougat out-of-the-box. The phone will also offer a dedicated Bixby button, and no physical navigation keys. While the screen on the S8 Active doesn’t quite gave the same effect as the Infinity Display on the Galaxy S8 and S8+, but nevertheless added durability should more than make up for it.
- 5.8-inch Quad HD+ (2960 × 1440 pixels) Super AMOLED display with 570ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 with Adreno 540 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, 64GB storage (UFS 2.1), expandable memory with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture, 1/2.55″ sensor size, OIS, 1.4µm pixel size
- 8MP auto focus front-facing camera with f/1.7 aperture, 1/3.6″ sensor size, 1.22µm pixel size, 80-degree wide-angle lens
- Sensors – Accelerometer, Barometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor, Iris Sensor, Pressure Sensor
- Water and dust resistant (IP68) + MIL-STD-810G
- Dimensions: 152.14x 74.9×9.9mm; Weight: 207g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 MU-MIMO, Bluetooth v 5.0 (LE up to 2Mbps), GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- 4000mAh battery with fast charging
Like its predecessors, the S8 Active will likely be exclusive to AT&T in the U.S., but there’s no carrier branding at the back this time around. And the colors you can expect from the manufacturer are the Meteor Gray and Titanium Gold finishes. Stay tuned for more!
Also like to check out:
- HBO Hack Allegedly Leaks Game of Thrones S7E4 Script
- HomePod Firmware Reveals iPhone 8 Design and Facial Recognition
- Report: Huawei Mate 10 Specs, Release Date And More Confirmed
- Samsung Confirms Galaxy Note 8 Official Launch Event Date: August 23
- Pokemon Go 1.39.1 And 0.69.1 Hack Available To Download Now
- This iPhone 8 Box’s Documentation Leak Confirms Final Design Of Apple’s Next Flagship