Samsung’s Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ are the two new next-generation flagship smartphone planned for 2018 launch, and of course, rumored for some time. And the recent speculation also said that the company is very much interested in debuting Galaxy S9 line in early February next year. But today’s prediction speaking another release date, to compete with the likes of Apple’s iPhone X.
Rumors of January announcements have come and gone, it now appears that the new flagship smartphones Galaxy S9 and S9+ will be announced in the second-month of 2018, with availability beginning some point in March.
If this announcement and the initial release window turns out to be accurate, then it will represent the earliest that Samsung has ever done such a thing during a calendar year. Traditionally, Samsung’s Galaxy S handsets have usually been unveiled to the world in the 3rd-month of the year with the release coming in a few weeks later – often in April.
This time around, it’s said that Samsung would buck this release cadence in 2018 to counter Apple’s iPhone X, and the latest round of rumors from Bloomberg would appear to corroborate this, though, the dates have, indeed, changed a little.
It has already been rumored that the combination of Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ will be more of an iterative update on the current S8 and S8 Plus, rather than a revolutionary redesign akin to the iPhone X. With an upgraded CPU and a better vertical camera setup, there will still likely be enough space to make an upgrade worthwhile if you don’t mind spending the money.
Of course, we will see just how fast that newly announced Snapdragon 845 SoC is and how impressive the camera(s) will be, but we suspect the Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ will sell well regardless – they are, otherwise. The flagship Android devices may look forward to and are the closest Android Oero devices comes to an iPhone as far as hardware quality and design are concerned.
- iOS 11.2.1 / 11.2 Jailbreak Untethered on iPhone X Has Been Successfully Achieved
- Download: iOS 11.2.5 Beta 1 Changes, Release Notes, And Changelog Details You Need To Know About
- iOS 11.2.1 Release Notes / Changelog: Here Are All New Changes
- Download iOS 11.2.1 IPSW Links And OTA Update With Critical HomeKit Fix
- Download iOS 11, 11.2, 11.1.2 Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Downgrade iOS 11 / 11.2.1 To 11.1.2 On iPhone Or iPad [How-To Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.2.1 / 11.1.2 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]