Sony Mobile has made Xperia XZs official today, the successor to last year’s Xperia XZ in India. As it promised earlier, which was introduced at the Mobile World Congress (MWC 2017) in Barcelona last month, the new comer is a smartphone with somewhat Motion Eye camera technology. Here are the details on everything you really need to know about.
Sony Xperia XZs has now been launched in India, which given a best buy price tag of Rs. 49,990 (actual MRP is Rs 51,990). The availability is becoming exclusive to Flipkart, the new Sony smartphone will go on sale also in offline retail stores from April 11.
The Xperia XZs is an upgrade to previous year’s Xz variant, which is now available to pre-book in between April 4 and April 10.
The new Xperia XZs smartphone will get its refresh inside its under-the-hood department, as it is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor and on software perspective, the smartphone is configured to be settled on running Android 7.1.1 Nougat. It has a 13-megapixel front-facing camera that too with a dedicated camera shutter button, a 22mm wide-angle lens, an f/2.0 aperture, and SteadyShot 5-axis stabilization. It has IP65/68 ratings for dust and water resistance.
On the main photography segment, the Xperia XZs comes with a built-in 19-megapixe Motion Eye rear camera with 1/2.3″ Exmor RS memory stacked sensor, followed by a 960fps super slow motion videos, Predictive Capture, Anti-distortion shutter, Triple Image Sensing (TIS) technology and of course, get a 5-axis Image Stabilization for shake-free videos. Also includes Mobile BIONZ sensor, and predictive hybrid autofocus – in order to help you capture 960fps super slow motion videos.
Sony Xperia XZs is essentially a smaller model of the company’s already available XZ smartphone, which only has a 5.2-inch full-HD (1920×1080 pixels) Triluminos display. Only has an option for single-SIM, but coupled with Adreno 510 GPU and 4GB of RAM. The device bears 64GB of internal storage, which is further expandable via microSD slot (supports up to 256GB).
The majority of features are a bit upgraded and the Xperia XZs battery package is of 2900mAh with hybrid charging – Qnovo adaptive charging and Quick Charge 3.0. Connectivity options include 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, NFC, and USB Type-C (USB 3.1) port.
Finally, the Sony Xperia XZs will become available in Ice Blue, Warm Silver and Black colors. At all Sony Center, select retail outlets and online, the new smartphone will be hitting the shelves by 11th of this month.
- 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Triluminos Display, X-Reality, Dynamic Contrast Enhancer, sRGB 138%
- Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 64-bit 14nm processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB via microSD card
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- Dual SIM
- Water Resistant (IP65/IP68)
- 19MP rear camera with Exmos RS sensor, 1/2.3″ sensor, f/2.0 lens, Predictive and Laser autofocus, 5-axis stabilization, 4K video recording, 960fps slow-motion video
- 13MP front-facing camera with 1/3” Exmor RS sensor, 22mm wide-angle f/2.0 lens, 1080p video recording
- DSEE HX, LDAC, Digital Noise Cancelling
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 146 x 72 x 8.1 mm; Weight: 161 grams
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS/ GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 2900mAh Battery with Qnovo’s Adaptive Charging technology
Note: Those who pre-booked the Xperia XZs pgone will get a Free Wireless Bluetooth Speaker “SRS-XB10” worth Rs. 4990.
Also like to check out: