Developer CoolStar confirmed that the community would be kept updated with the progress of the iOS 11.3.1 jailbreak. That promise also appears to have been adhered, with yet another update coming from the Electra Team to confirm that significant progress has been made.
This time again Electra team updated the official Twitter account to confirm that the tool has been updated internally to jailbreak iOS 11.2 through iOS 11.2.6.
Given that the current public version of Electra jailbreak only supports up to iOS 11.1.2, that in itself was welcome progress. Although the community knows that the Ian Beer exploits are capable of liberating up to iOS 11.3.1, meaning that the update was only really the initial stepping stone to the bigger achievement. It now seems that the wide picture has been realized.
The latest status coming from the @Electra_Team account, updated that the platform can now fully jailbreak 64-bit iOS devices running “up to iOS 11.3.1.”
Well, it took the team almost seven days to get to this point and confirm by overcoming an issue with a rootfs remount on firmware above and beyond iOS 11.2.6, but, thankfully, that issue appears to have been resolved and will put the team in much better position to get across the finishing line, hopefully without any additional major stumbling errors (blocks). Good news indeed but there is definitely more work to do.
Those individuals with an iOS 11.3.1 device waiting for this jailbreak to be released, it is important to note that there is still no expected release date frame in the pipeline, or, at least no date that the team has felt comfortable enough with to publish, yet.
However, it’s refreshing to see that all supported firmware versions, and presumably, all devices, are being tested with the new version of Electra to ensure compatibility and the greatest level of stability possible for when it gets pushed out into the community.
So, this is it for now. Stay patient, keep calm, and relax knowing that tangible progress has been made and we are now one step closer to the realization of an iOS 11.3.1 public jailbreak complete with Cydia Installer and Substrate with a tried and tested tool.
Up next to check out:
- iOS 12 Beta Jailbreak On iPhone X Video Demo Teased By Keen Lab
- PUBG Mobile 0.6.0 APK And iOS App Global English Version Release Is Imminent
- iOS 11.4 Jailbreak With Working Cydia Demoed On Video
- 101+ iOS 12 Hidden Features Discovered For iPhone and iPad [Running List]
- Download iOS 12 Beta OTA Configuration Profile File Without Developer Account
- Download iOS 12 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- iOS 12 Beta 1 Download IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- How To Downgrade iOS 12 Beta To iOS 11.4 [Tutorial]