The Chinese company Xiaomi after launching its 40″ Mi TV 2 few days ago, has now made an intrdoction of its 4K Mi TV 2 55-inch Smart TV. Xiaomi looks like expanding its Mi TV 2 lineup by debuting a 55″ model in China, alongside the new ultra-affordable Redmi 2 successor, Redmi 2A and the Cherry Pink Mi Note for Ladies.
The annoumcements of the aforementioned Xiaomi poroducts were made at its 5th anniversary even in China, in order to celebrate the occasion, the company has introduced the new 55″ Mi TV 2 priced at RMB 4,999 (In India to costs Rs. 50,000 approx), which is the best deal ever when compared to Sony’s 4K TV goes with a tag of 2 Lakhs.
Specifications-wise, the new and bigger Mi TV2 is slimmer than its 49-inch predecessor, and comes with a 15.2mm ultra-thin frame and 6mm bezel, has a 55-inch (3840 x 2160 pixels) HD 4K display from Samsung with 178-degree viewing angle, MStar 6A928 processor paired with 2GB RAM, with re-designed Bluetooth subwoofer and soundbar. Unfortunately it lacks microSD card slot, which was present on last year’s 49″ Mi TV 2.
More over it supports H.265 10-bit hardware video decoding, Dolby MS12 virtual surround sound and has automatic volume adjustment and includes a 80W wireless subwoofer that has an aliminum build and 8 speakers Soundbar.
Xiaomi Mi TV 2 (55″) Key Hardware Specs
- 55-inch (3840 x 2160 pixels) 4K display with 178-degree viewing angle, 8 ms dynamic response, 4000: 1 contrast ratio
- 1.4GHz quad-core MStar 6A928 Cortex-A17 processor with Mali-760 MP4 GPU
- 2GB DDR3 triple-channel RAM, 8GB internal memory (eMMC 5.0)
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ ac, Dual-band 2.4 / 5GHz, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, 3 x HDMI 3.0 VGA, AV, Analog TV, 1 x USB 2.0 and 1x USB 3.0, Ethernet
- Supports H.265 1080P at 60 fps, H.263 1080P at 30 fps, MPEG1 / 2/4 1080P at 30 fps, VP8 1080P at 30 fps, REAL7 / 8/9 1080P at 30 fps, MJPEG 1080P at 30 fps
- 2.25-inch full-range stereo speakers with acoustic waveguide technology
- Dolby MS12 Virtual Surround Sound and Bass Boost
No word on the availability of the Smart TV outside the Chinese markets. Xiaomi is currently selling 55″ Mi TV 2 in China for 4999 Chinese Yuan (US$ 806 / Rs. 50,440 approx). Goes on sale from April 8. Alongside the Redmi 2A and Special Edition of Cherry Pink Mi Note.