Xiaomi has today made its long-rumored Mi 5c smartphone official, the successor to Xiaomi Mi 4c – introduced in 2015. Here are the details on the newly launched.
The Mi 5c has the same 5.15-inch fullHD (1920×1080) resolution display from JDI with 1.6mm ultra narrow bezels. The highlight of this smartphone will be its fueled with Xiaomi’s own 2.2GHz Octa-Core 64-bit Pinecone Surge S1 processor, just introduced.
No that the design and photography with the Xiaomi’s new Mi 5c smartphone, which has a 12-megapixel camera with 1.25μm pixel size on the back and a 8-megapixel sensor on its front-facing. Software it runs on MIUI 8.1.x on top of Android 7.0 Nougat out-of-the-box, Xiaomi says 7.1.1 Nougat OTA update will be available in March. The connectivity options include a fingerprint sensor embedded into the Home button.
With the unibody metal design, Mi 5c only weighs 135 grams. Other specs include 4G LTE support with VoLTE, dual nano SIM slot without a dedicated microSD card space, rather it has increased its internal storage to 64GB. It packs a 2860mAh battery with support for 9V/2A fast charging – promises to deliver full day battery life without interval charge.
In Brief and Short:
- 5.15-inch (1920×1080 pixels) Full HD curved glass display, 94.4% of the NTSC color gamut, 550 nits brightness, 1500: 1 contrast ratio
- 2.2GHz Xiaomi Surge S1 64-bit Octa-Core processor with quad-core Mali-T860 GPU
- 3GB LPDDR3 RAM, 64GB (eMMC 5.0) internal storage
- Android with MIUI 8, upgradable to Android 7.1 Nougat
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 12-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, 1.25 μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture, 6P lens 27-mm wide angle lens
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 27 mm wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint scanner, Infrared sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM radio
- Dimensions: 144.38 x 69.68 x7.09 mm ; Weight: 135g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac dual-band, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB Type-C
- 2860mAh (typical) / 2810mAh (minimum) built-in battery with fast charging
It comes in Rose Gold, Gold and Black colors and is priced at 1499 yuan (US$218 / INR 14560 approx.). The Mi 5c will go on sale in China starting March 3rd.