Xiaomi has quietly launched the Mi Pad 3 with a 7.9-inch display, MediaTek SoC, 6.9mm slim metal design housing a 4GB of RAM memory inside the latest Mi Pad variant. Here are the details.
Announced the successor tablet to Mi Pad 2 which was introduced back in 2015. The new version of the Xiaomi Mi Pad comes with a decent metal design and the screen of 7.9-inch Mi Pad 3 screen resolution of 2048-by-1536 pixels is a refresh at 326ppi pixel density, but the Intel processor has been replaced by MediaTek MT8176 hexa-core processor.
What makes this a stable Xiaomi tablet is that it has the same 6.9mm unibdody metal architecture as its predecessor, but also comes with an improved 13-megapixel rear camera with an f/2.2 aperture. More importantly, the Mi Pad 3 comes equipped with a few different features including a black and white mode, which comes in handy when reading e-books, and an eye protection mode that reduces the amount of blue light emitted by the screen.
Other features include a massive 6600mAh battery which promises to deliver up to 12 hours of video playback and up to 867 hours of standby mode. Well, the battery package inside the Mi Pad 3 also has support for fast charging. Along with 4 gigs of RAM, there’s 64GB of internal storage available for downloading and installing apps, videos, and other data, which unfortunately can’t be expandable due to the lack of a microSD slot.
- 7.9-inch (2048 × 1536 pixels) display at 326 ppi with 4:3 aspect ratio
- MediaTek MT8176 (dual-core 2.1 GHz + quad-core 1.7 GHz) 64bit hexacore processor with 650MHz IMG GX6250 processor
- 4GB LPDDR3 RAM, 64GB (eMMC 5.0) internal storage
- Android Marshmallow based MIUI 8
- 13MP rear camera with 1080p video recording, f/2.0 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Dimensions: 200.4×132.6×6.95 mm; Weight: 328 grams
- WiFi 802.11 ac (Dual Band), WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 4.1, USB Type-C
- 6400mAh (minimum) / 6600mAh (typical) battery
The Xiaomi Mi Pad 3 tablet comes in Champagne Gold color option and it runs Android Marshmallow on top of Xiaomi’s MIUI 8 skin. With that said, the Mi Pad 3 offers a great price-performance ratio. It will be available starting April 6, during the Mi Fan Festival 2017 in China for CNY 1,499, which is around $220 and in India for Rs. 14120 approx. You’ll be able to get it from Xiaomi’s website, JD.com, and Suning on sale.