From April 8 onwards, the Xiaomi Mi4 smartphone in China will go on sale at 1,799 Yuan, after price reduction from 1999 Chinese Yuan (US$322). It’s to be regarding the newer ones and ultra-affordable, special edition of Mi Note launching day. More details on why its price dropped after this jump.
Not only the high-end variant of the Xiaomi Mi4 slashing its price, but the lower end variant with 2GB of RAM will cost $274 (1699 Yuan) in China, which was previously priced at 1799 Chinese Yuan.
The smartphone which got a price drop features a Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 chipset clocked at 2.5GHz quad-core CPU, paired with 3GB of RAM, include 13-megapixel rear camera featuring LED flash. It has f/1.8 sensor size which is a Sony IMX214 six-element lens and capable to record videos on 4K. 8MP front facing camera with f/1.8 sensor size and 80-degree wide-angle lens (Sony IMX219), which will result in better selfies and video calling.
Xiaomi Mi4 Specifications
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS display with 441 PPI resolution with Corning Gorilla glass protection
- 2.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor with Adreno 330 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 16GB internal memory
- MIUI V6 on top of Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, Sony IMX214 BSI sensor, 6-element lens, f/1.8 aperture, 4K video recording
- 8MP front-facing camera with Sony Exmor R sensor, 5-element lens , f/1.8 aperture
- 8.9mm thick and weighs 149 grams
- Infrared LED
- 3G, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4/5 GHz), WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS
- 3080mAh battery
Considering its new price tag, the smartphone is surely offers for the money. Xiaomi Mi4 pricing falls in line with the company’s plans to accelorate its sales, which the company is planning to sell over 100 million smartphones this year, 2015.
Also like to check:
- Xiaomi Launches Mi Note For Women In Cherry Pink Model, Costs US$403
- Xiaomi Redmi 2A Unveiled, It’s The Successor With Leadcore L1860C SoC For $80