Chinese manufacturer Xiaomi has made Redmi 3S official in India, through its own website. The launch event for Xiaomi Redmi 3S has began on 12:30 PM, as the company has launched its budget friendly 4G Redmi series phone.
Everything you need to know about the newly launched Redmi 3S smartphone is here. As it resembles to Redmi Note 3 because of the metal unibody design.
Featuring a 5-inch HD IPS display, is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 430 Octa-Core processor. Major hey feature includes a massive 4100mAh battery and more impressive would be the Redmi 3S sports a 13-megapixel rear-facing camera with LED flash, phase-detection AutoFocus (PDAF) support and a 5-megapixel front-facing sensor.
The smartphone also comes equipped with a fingerprint scanner on the back and offers 4G LTE support, WiFi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.1 and GPS. Moreover, the Redmi 3S runs on Android 5.1 Lollipop wrapped under MIUI 8. It also comes with a Prime version that has a fingerprint sensor, and also integrated with hybrid SIM slot that lets us to use the secondary nano SIM slot as a microSD card expansion.
Xiaomi Redmi 3S And Redmi 3S Prime Specifications and Price
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 ( 4 x 1.2 GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.5 GHz Cortex A53) 64-bit processor with Adreno 505 GPU
- 2GB LPDDR3 RAM with 16GB (eMMC5.0) internal storage / 3GB LPDDR3 (eMMC5.1) RAM with 32GB internal storage – expandable up to 128GB via microSD
- MIUI 7 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano / microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with PDAF, LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording
- Dimensions: 139.3 x 69.6 x 8.5mm; Weight: 144g
- Fingerprint sensor (Redmi 3S Prime), Infrared sensor
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh / 4100mAh (typical) battery
The Xiaomi Redmi 3S comes in three colors; Dark Grey, Silver and Gold and is priced at Rs. 6999 for the 2GB RAM + 16GB storage variant. The Redmi 3S Prime with 3GB RAM + 32GB storage and fingerprint scanner costs around Rs. 8,999.
Both the newly launched Redmi 3S and Redmi 3S Prime smartphone will be available on Mi.com and exclusively on Flipkart open sale. The Redmi 3S Prime will go on sale August 9th and on August 16th, Redmi 3S will be up to grab.
Hugo Barra, Vice President, Xiaomi, said:
I am thrilled to be introducing a Redmi device today and once again change the game in the sub-10k smartphone industry in India. Redmi 3S packs a punch with a large 4100 mAh battery that easily powers through two days of usage on a single charge, and is the first smartphone in India powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 octa-core processor. Coupled with an amazing 13MP camera built into a premium metal finish body, we believe that Mi fans will love Redmi 3S and Redmi 3S Prime for their amazing features at simply incredible prices.
You may also like to check out:
- Xiaomi Mi Notebook Air Will Be The First Laptop Announced Today, Available For $750
- Xiaomi Redmi Pro With 5.5-Inch Full HD OLED Display, Dual Rear Cameras, 4GB RAM Now Official At Budget Price
- LeEco Le 2 Vs Redmi Note 3 Vs YU Yunicorn Vs Lenovo ZUK Z1: Specs, Price And Features Compared
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Announced: Specs, Price, Release Date