Xiaomi has already made Redmi 3s official last month and went on sale in China days after its debut, is now expected to launch in India. According to a new report out of the country has not mentioned the exact date as well as information on its rate.
The Xiaomi Redmi 3s is expected to priced in India at Rs. 7200 for the 16GB storage variant, which is due to be launched in July, 2016. It seems that the Redmi 3s will be placed below the Redmi Note 3 and looks like the Chinese company is planning on bringing another more affordable smartphone into he market.
As the name suggests, the Redmi 3s smartphone is essentially a variant of the Redmi 3 offering a full-metal magnesium alloy unibody design and a fingerprint sensor underneath.
Although Xiaomi hasn’t revealed an exact launch date, but can be assumed to seener than later the firm will make it available for purchase. So that the upcoming smartphone in Redmi series will be up against the likes of the Lenovo Vibe K5, Reliance Digital Lyf Wind 5, and the Coolpad Note 3 Lite etc.
The 32GB variant of Redmi 3s in China is priced at 899 Yuan almost Rs. 9000 in India if translates to. Featuring a 5-inch HD 720p display, it is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 430 Octa-Core chipset. Gets Hybrid Dual SIM slot, which allows users to place a microSD card on the secondary SIM card slot if needed.
Other specifications inside the Redmi 3s includes a 13-megapixel rear-facing camera sensor with LED flash, phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF) and on its front, find itself with a 5MP selfie shooter without flash. Only difference would be that the 16GB Redmi 3s will carry a 4000mAh battery and the 32GB variant comes equipped with 4100mAh unit.
Connectivity options offerings 4G LTE support, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, and GPS. What’s unconfirmed at the moment is that whether Xiaomi launches the same specs or modifies it for India, like what it did with the launch of Redmi Note 3. The variants cost around $105 and $135, respectively.
Details in Brief:
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 ( 4 x 1.2 GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.5 GHz Cortex A53) 64-bit processor with Adreno 505 GPU
- 2GB LPDDR3 RAM with 16GB (eMMC5.0) internal storage / 3GB LPDDR3 (eMMC5.1) RAM with 32GB internal storage expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- MIUI 7 based on Android
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano / microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with PDAF, LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording
- Dimensions: 139.3 x 69.6 x 8.5mm; Weight: 144g
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh battery / 4100mAh (typical)
Update x1: Xiaomi has announced an event for the launch of Redmi 3s in India on August 3rd. It comes in Dark Grey, Silver and Gold colors and is priced at 699 yuan (US$ 106 / Rs. 7120 approx.) for 2GB RAM + 16GB storage and another with 3GB RAM + 32GB storage options costs around 899 yuan (US$ 136 / Rs. 9165 approx.). Exact pricing details will be made official on Wednesday. The company will also offer live stream for the event on c.mi.com at 12pm.
— Redmi India (@RedmiIndia) July 31, 2016
You may also like to check out:
- Xiaomi Redmi Pro With 5.5-Inch Full HD OLED Display, Dual Rear Cameras, 4GB RAM Now Official At Budget Price
- Coolpad Note 3 Plus Vs Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus Vs Redmi Note 3 And Canvas 6 Pro: Price, Specs Compared
- Reliance Lyf Earth 2, Lyf Flame 5 With 4G VoLTE, Fingerprint Sensor Launched: Specs And Price [Details]