Xiaomi has sent out invites for the launch event of Redmi Note 4 in New Delhi on January 19. The Chinese company is also expected to debut another variant in the country. Here’s everything you need to know about the new smartphone.
Indeed, Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 launching in India as the company’s flagship smartphone that has been introduced in China already. To recall, the smartphone was made available in two variants – 2GB RAM/16GB storage – priced at 899 CNY (Rs. 9,000 approx.) and the 3GB RAM + 64GB model costs CNY 1,199 (roughly around Rs. 12,000). So we can expect Redmi Note 4 price in India to be around that? We have to see whether Xiaomi plans to offer the smartphone at a lower or a bit higher mid-range.
In terms of specifications, Redmi Note 4 bears a fingerprint scanner on the rear panel and carries a Dual-SIM (Micro+Nano) card slot. It runs on MIUI 8-based on top of Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box. While the Redmi Note 4 display features a 5.5-inch full HD (1920x1080p) 2.5D curved glass screen with a pixel density of 401ppi. Under-the-hood, the smartphone is powered by a Deca-core MediaTek Helio X20 processor paired with Mali-T880 MP4 GPU.
Photography with Redmi Note 4 camera offers a 13-megapixel rear sensor with Phase Detection AutoFocus (PDAF), f/2.0 aperture, and dual-tone LED flash. For selfies, the handset carries a 5-megapixel front-facing camera shutter that sports an 85-degree wide angle lens. Of course, Redmi Note 4 has support for expandable microSD card (up to 128GB) in Hybrid dual-SIM configuration.
It also comes integrated with an Infrared sensor and offers 3G, 4G LTE with VoLTE, Bluetooth, GPS, microUSB, WiFi 802.11ac, GLONASS and more. Finally, the Redmi Note 4 battery is of 4100mAh capacity and will be available to purchase in Gold, Grey, and Silver colors.
Details In Short:
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD 2.5D curved glass display, up to 72% NTSC color gamut, 1000:1 contrast ratio
- Deca-Core MediaTek Helio X20 processor with Mali-T880MP4 GPU (China) / Sapdragon processor (India)
- 2GB RAM with 16GB storage / 3GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory via microSD
- MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano/microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with PDAF, dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 85-degree wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 151x76x8.35mm; Weight: 175g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh (minimum) / 4100mAh (typical) battery
We should know the exact price of Redmi Note 4 in India when it officially launches next Thursday. Live streaming at c.mi.com.
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X Alleged Specs Of Snapdragon 653 And 4GB RAM Surfaced
- Xiaomi Revenue In India Crossed $1 Billion USD Mark
- Xiaomi Mi6 Allegedly Scores Record-Breaking 210329 Points On AnTuTu, Mi MIX In US Details
- Android 7.0 Nougat Update For Xiaomi Mi Note, Mi 4C, Mi 4s, Mi Max Releasing Soon
- Download: Xiaomi MIUI 8.1.1 Stable ROM-Based On Android Marshmallow For Redmi Note 3