Rumor mill for Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 backed up again, now has word on not just the specifications, also the price and expected launch time. The handset is reportedly undergoing internal testing, and speculations claiming Xiaomi will launch the Redmi 5 Plus instead of the Redmi Note 5. Here are the details you need to know about.
And yes, a successor to the Redmi Note 4, the Redmi Note 5 will be a major smartphone launch for the Chinese company, as the said handset will help it compete with the slew of affordable devices expected to be unveiled at Mobile World Congress 2018 in late February. Such as Nokia 6 (2018) and of course, the next-generation Moto G devices.
Regarding Redmi Note 5 pricing and launch date, a report by MyDrivers suggests that the smartphone is being internally tested and the company will debut the phone in the second quarter of 2018. It also suggests that the Redmi Note 5 will be priced higher than its predecessor, that is Redmi Note 4, and is expected to be priced at CNY 1,599 (almost Rs 15, 700) for the base model.
For the Redmi Note 5 launch date, it is expected to hit the smartphone market in the Q2 of 2018. However, still there’s no word on the India launch as yet, but we can only assume it to come soon to Indian market within weeks after the official announcement.
Otherwise, the release has apparently been delayed as Xiaomi is waiting for Qualcomm to announce its latest Snapdragon 632 chip which is toned down, an underclocked variant of the SD636 SoC. About the Snapdragon 632 processor, it retains the Qualcomm Spectra 160 ISP modem that is better optimized for dual camera setups.
Specifications-wise, the Redmi Note 5 might fully run MIUI 9 based on Android Nougat. The phone is expected to feature a 5.99-inch fullHD+ (1080×2160 pixels) display, 18:9 aspect ratio. As per the reports circulating on the web, the smartphone will be powered by the upcoming Qualcomm SD632 processor.
While Oppomart listing recently suggested that the Redmi Note 5 will come in two variants – 3GB RAM + 32GB storage and 4GB RAM + 64GB storage. On the camera front, the smartphone is said to have a dual-lens rear camera system. Up front, a 5MP sensor suggested.
We will update this post if we find anything new legitimate for you. Stay tuned for more.
Like to check out:
- Download: Houdini Beta 2 IPA Brings Semi-Jailbreak Like Experience To iOS 11 / 11.1.2
- G0blin iOS 10.3.3 Jailbreak IPA For 64-Bit Devices Is Compatible With Cydia And Substrate
- Batterygate Scandal Update: Apple Will Replace iPhone 6 And Later Battery For $29
- Set Custom Boot Logo On iOS 11 / 11.1.2 iPhone Without Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Download: LiberiOS 11.0.1 IPA For iOS 11.1.2 Jailbreak Released, Here’s What Is New
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 Using LiberiOS, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak 11.2.1 / 11.2/ 11.2.5 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Downgrade iOS 11 / 11.2.1 To 11.1.2 On iPhone Or iPad [How-To Guide]