Newly launched Nokia 6 is the company’s latest and first Android smartphone of 2017 exclusively coming to the online retailers in China, will be only be available through JD.com.
Now, Nokia is officially back in the smartphone market with the launch of Nokia 6. Android smartphone which HMD Global, the company originally owns the rights to produce Nokia-branded phones, unveiled its first Android-based Nokia smartphone: Nokia 6.
A mid-range smartphone, Nokia 6 features a 5.5-inch screen with fullHD 1080p resolution and 2.5D curved Gorilla Glass. Powering the phone is a Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 SoC, and paired with 4GB of RAM memory adding 64GB of built-in storage space. A 16-megapixel rear camera 1.0um sensor, dual-tone LED flash and an 8MP front-facing selfie camera also integrated. Both camera sensors feature an f/2.0 aperture. Additionally, includes dual amplifiers with audio powered by Dolby Atmos technology, and pahse detection autofocus (PDAF) technology.
The new Nokia phone runs on Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box. It has dual speakers, one on top and other on the bottom, smart dual amplifier chips (TFA9891) offering 6dB louder sound. Also it has a fingerprint sensor on the Home button and made with aluminum alloy unibody design. It has a dual SIM support as well as an expandable microSD card slot, which points to a hybrid Dual-SIM slot.
Nokia 6 Specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) 2.5D curved glass display with 450 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 ( 4 x 1.2 GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.5 GHz Cortex A53) 64-bit processor with Adreno 505 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR3 RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB via microSD
- Android 7.0 Nougat
- Dual SIM
- 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, PDAF, 1.0um sensor, f/2.0 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera, 1.12um sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 84˚ wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Dual speakers, Dual smart amplifiers (TFA9891), Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 154 x 75.8 x 7.8 mm
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB OTG
- 3000mAh built-in battery
The Nokia 6 comes in Black and is priced at 1,699 yaun (US$246 / Rs. 16,740 approx.) if it launches in India. In the first half of the 2017 year, the smartphone will exclusively be sold on DJ.com, China.