Just after Xiaomi’s Mi Notebook Air laptop was unveiled in two different flavors, today Lenovo took the stage and announced its Air 13 Pro Windows 10 hardware to compete with the likes of MacBook Air clones in China. But in only one screen size. Here are some of its specs and pricing details and of course the release date as well.
Two fellow Chinese company Lenovo also took the chance to introduce an Apple’s MacBook Air-esque laptop just after Xiaomi introduced its on Wednesday. Both the companies are on its way with passion and slimness, following the same style of Apple’s.
The latest in the scene will be the Lenovo’s Air 13 Pro, that has a 13.3-inch 1080p display, using the same Intel Core i5 Skylake CPU along with 2GB NVIDIA GeForece GT 940MX GPU, found already inside the Xiaomi’s Mi Notebook 13.3-inch book. There’s even fingerprint-recognition tech included.
The Lenovo Air 13 Pro also shows up a similar slim metal unibody design with 14.8mm thickness and 1.29kg weight, when compared, the 12.8-inch MacBook Air is 1.7cm at its thickest point and weighs 1.35kg. But it doesn’t hold a HDMI port like the Mi Notebook Air, instead it includes an SD card reader, has a backlit keyboard and offers 100GB of cloud storage.
Lenovo Air 13 Pro Specs And Price
- 13.3-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) 16: 9 display, 170-degree wide viewing
- Intel Core i5 6200U processor (3M Cache, up to 2.8 GHz) / Intel Core i7 processor, 2GB GDDR5 NVIDIA Gefore GT 940MX GPU
- 4GB / 8G DDR4 RAM, 256GB / 512GB SSD
- Windows 10
- 720p HD webcam, dual microphones
- Dual-band WiFi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.1
- Dimensions: 309 x 220 x 14.8mm; Weight: 1.29kg
- 1x USB 3.0, 1 x USB 2.0, USB Type-C, Card reader (SD / MMC / SDHC / SDXC)
- Headset microphone combo interface, 2 x 1W JBL speakers
- 46Wh battery with up to 7h battery life
The Lenovo Air 13 Pro will be available in Silver and Gold colors and is priced at CNY 4999 (US$752 / Rs. 50,420 approx.) for the basic model that comes quipped with Core i5 SoC, 4GB RAM and 256GB SSD. For the Core i6 model with 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD integrated Air 13 Pro will cost you around 6299 yuan (US$ 947 / INR 63,500 approx.). There’s a more top-end variant with Core i7 chipset, 8GB RAM and 512GB SSD goes up for sale at 6999 yuan (US$ 1050 / Rs. 70,600 approx.). No word yet if either device will make it outside of China
You may also like to check out:
- Micromax Canvas LapBook L1160 Notebook With Windows 10 Launched For Rs 10499
- Microsoft Working On A New AIO Desktop Surface PC To Take On Apple’s iMac [Rumors]
- Lenovo Launches Yoga 900S Thinnest And A Powerful ideapad Y900 Gaming Laptop
- Thinner 13″ and 15-inch MacBook Air Sizes Are Reportedly Coming