OnePlus has officially announced OnePlus 3T smartphone as expected, which is the company’s successor phone to OnePlus 3. Differences between the newer version and its predecessor are a faster SoC, increased storage space, improved front camera and larger battery. Here is everything you need to know about the OnePlus 3T specs, price and release date.
The OnePlus 3T has been made official by the Chinese company today and this time around it looks exactly same but there’s a new color option called “Gunmetal”. Changes to consider are in the first place, like T3 is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 8212, replacing the SD820 in the older OnePlus handset. On the other hand, the OnePlus 3T has two storage models, one with 64GB and another 128GB respectively, both of the UFS 2.0.
About the photography department, the new OnePlus device comes with a 16-megapixel selfie Samsung-made camera, but remained unchanged is the rear camera sensor of the same from OnePlus 3, with only sapphire crystal cover added for improved scratch protection. The aperture remains the same f/2.0, while pixel size has shrunk from 1.4 nm to 1.0 nm. That used Samsung 3P8SP, and the front-facing camera has a phase detection autofocus and support for capturing 1080p videos at 30fps.
With 3400mAh battery package, OnePlus 3T gets a boost of 400mAh extra power than the OnePlus 3. There’s 20W OnePlus Dash Charge that should translate into very fast charging times. On the software front, the 3T still runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow Oxygen OS top, and soon be upgraded to 7.0 Nougat.
The OnePlus 3T poses with the same 5.5-inch Full HD Optic AMOLED display with 2.5D curved, Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection and the design is aluminum front unibody and of course the new OnePlus phone features the most refined version of custom ROM and updates will follow the same schedule for both OnePlus 3 and 3T.
Specifications In Brief:
- 5.5-inch (1920×1080 pixels) Full HD Optic AMOLED display with 2.5D curved Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- 2.35GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 821 64-bit processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4 RAM, 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.0) storage
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow with Oxygen OS
- Dual nano SIM slots
- 16-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, Sony IMX298 sensor, 1.12 micron pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, EIS 2.0, PDAF, OIS, 4K video recording at 30 fps, 720p slow motion at 120fps
- 16MP front-facing camera with Samsung 3P8SP sensor, 1.0 micron pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, 1080p video recording
- Dimensions: 152.7×74.7×7.35mm; Weight: 158g
- Fingerprint sensor
- Bottom-facing speaker, dual microphone for noise cancellation
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (MIMO), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3400mAh battery with Dash Charge
OnePlus 3T will be out in “Gunmetal” and “Soft Gold” in 64GB version. It starts at $439 (almost Rs. 29782 / EUR 439 / GBP 399). While the 128GB OnePlus 3T is priced at US$ 479 (INR 32485 approx.). It will be available through OnePlus.net starting November 22nd in the US and in Europe from 28. No other details regarding OnePlus 3T launch in India has been revealed.