The OnePlus company says a future update will fix the issue of OnePlus 5T is not able to stream HD content from Netflix, Amazon Prime, Google Play Movies, and other video services in high-definition. Despite OnePlus 5T’s HD-capable display and powerful hardware, the error surface. Here are the details you need to know about.
The problem was noted in a thread on the OnePlus forums and points to lack of support for Widevine Level 1 DRM, which many services require for HD streaming. Although the 5T current supports Widevine Level 3, that only covers standard definition (SD) streams. It has been confirmed that both the OnePlus 5T and its predecessor, the OP 5, are currently unable to stream Netflix or Amazon Prime Video higher than SD resolution.
For that, a company spokesperson said a future update for the 5T will enable Widevine Level 1, but did not elaborate on why it was omitted from the start. He was unable to provide an exact time frame for when the update will be made available at this time.
You may also like to check out:
- OnePlus 5T’s ‘Face Unlock’ Vs. iPhone X’s Face ID Put On Hold
- OnePlus 5T Review: An Outstanding Combination Of Specs, Design, And Price
- OnePlus 5T Star Wars Limited Edition Announced For India Market
The OnePlus 5T has a gorgeous 6-inch 1080p FHD display, is powered by Snapdragon 835 processor paired with at least 6GB of RAM, so it is certainly capable of supporting high-definition video streams. When tested, Netflix and Amazon Prime Video both looked noticeably pixelated on the 5T. When both apps were set to stream at the highest possible quality and the phone was connected to a fast WiFi network, it didn’t catch the HD stream. Lack of support for HD streaming is an odd omission for what is otherwise an impressive device. So hopefully OnePlus will be able to address this issue and roll out a better fix through the software update sooner than later, quickly.
- Download: VLC Media Player And Other Apps Optimized For iPhone X
- Apple Has Confirmed The Shazam Acquisition For An Undisclosed Sum
- iOS 11.1.2 Jailbreak tfp0 Exploit Finally Released
- YouTube Is Set To Launch A Paid Music Subscription Service In March 2018
- Google Home Mini Firmware Update Reinstates Touch Controls
- Pokemon Go 1.55.1 IPA And 0.85.2 Hack Available To Download Now