Would you like to purchase Apple Watch Sport or go with Edition? In India, Apple smartwatch is now available for sale. Unveiled it back in September this year and went on sale in several countries worldwide in April this same year and today as the Cupertino firm promised launched Apple Watch in India.
Finally, Apple Watch came just before the Diwali festive season and the much-awaited wrist-wearable hits Apple’s retail channels across the country. Officially goes on sale and available in a variety of colour options: in gold, Rose Gold, Space Gray, silver anodized aluminium; polished silver or Space Black stainless steel, and 18-Carat Rose Gold or Yellow Gold – you can make a purchase of Apple Watch in the country.
In brief, the Apple Watch in India comes in 40 combinations in two case sizes of 38mm and 42mm across three collections of Sport, Edition, and the regular. Retail box includes a brand new strap, both of them arriving in different material and color combinations.
Specs-wise, the Apple Watch features a Retina with Force Touch display and Ion-X glass protection. While the 38mm model has a 1.34-inch (272 x 340 pixels) AMOLED display at 326ppi and the 42mm version has a 1.54-inch (312 x 390 pixels) AMOLED display at 326ppi.
The watch allows users to make and receive calls, read e-mails, control music, take pictures, manage Instagram photos and keep track of fitness using the smartwatch. It has built-in gyroscope, heart rate sensor, Taptic Engine that senses all the inputs and an Ambient light sensor for automatic brightness adjustment. Speaker for notifications and microphone for Siri is also present. The wearable run on Apple’s watchOS 2. Connectivity options includes Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n 2.4GHz), Bluetooth 4.0 and NFC for Apple Pay. It is IPX7 certified for water resistance, but it is not water proof.
In the 38-mm standard, Apple has priced Watch Sport with silver aluminium case and white sport band at a starting price of Rs. 30,900 and Apple Watch with stainless steel case and white sport band at Rs. 48,900. Premium model in the 38-mm segment, Apple Watch Edition with 18-carat rose gold case with white sport band has been priced at Rs. 8.2 lakh per piece.
Apple Watch Sport
- 38mm Silver Aluminium / Space Grey / Gold / Rose Gold Case with Sport Band – Rs. 30,900
- 42mm Silver / Space Grey / Gold / Rose Gold Aluminium Case with Sport Band – Rs. 34,900
- 38mm (Space Black) Stainless Steel Case with Sport Band – Rs. 48,900
- 42mm (Space Black) Stainless Steel Case with Sport Band – Rs. 52,900
- 38mm Stainless Steel Case with Black Classic / Saddle Brown Classic Buckle – Rs. 56,900
- 42mm Stainless Steel Case with Milanese Loop / Leather Loop (Medium / Large) / Saddle Brown Classic Buckle – Rs. 60,900
- 38mm Stainless Steel Case with Midnight Blue / Soft Pink Modern Buckle (Small / Medium / Large) – Rs. 64,900
- 38mm Stainless Steel Case with Link Bracelet – Rs. 83,900
- 42mm Stainless Steel Case with Link Bracelet – Rs. 87,900
- 38mm Space Black Stainless Steel Case with Space Black Stainless Steel Link Bracelet – Rs. 91,900
- 42mm Space Black Stainless Steel Case with Space Black Stainless Steel Link Bracelet – Rs. 95,900
Apple Watch Edition
- 38mm 18-Carat Rose Gold / Yellow Gold Case with White / Black Sport Band – Rs. 8,20,000
- 42mm 18-Carat Rose Gold / Yellow Gold Case with White / Black Sport Band – Rs. 9,90,000
- 42mm 18-Carat Rose Gold / Yellow Gold Case with Midnight Blue Classic / Black Classic Buckle – 12,50,000
- 38mm 18-Carat Rose Gold / Yellow Gold Case with Modern Buckle (Small / Medium / Large) – Rs. 14,20,000
Bands for the Apple Watch for both the variants in different colours start at Rs. 3,900 and goes up to Rs. 46,900 for the Link Bracelet. Apple Watch can also be purchased from Flipkart online, but when it will be available is unknown at the moment.