CyanogenMod has made available for download CM14.1 nightly builds official for OnePlus 3, Moto G series and more. Successor version of CM14, the 14.1 builds are based on Android 7.1 Nougat.
CM14.1 nightly builds are available for some devices including the popular Moto G first and second-generation, Xiaomi Mi4, OnePlus 3 and others in the first wave of iteration. Those compatible devices of CM14.1 nightly builds need to be rooted and TWRP installed on the devices to use this latest CM14.1 ROM.
Features found inside the CM14.1 Nougat ROM are Android 7.1 best inclusions and some CyanogenMod features such as LiveDisplay, Privacy Guard, Protected App, Profiles and much more.
List of devices getting CM14.1 nightly builds are:
- Nexus 6P (angler)
- Nexus 5X (bullhead)
- Xiaomi Mi3w/Mi4 (cancro)
- LG G3 (d855)
- Moto G (falcon)
- Moto G 4G (peregrine)
- Moto G 2nd Gen 2014 (titan)
- Moto G 2nd Gen 4G 2014 (thea)
- LG G4 (h811/h815)
- Samsung Galaxy S5 (klte/kltedv/kltespr/klteusc/kltevzw)
- OnePlus 3 (oneplus3)
- Asus Zenphone 2 (Z00L/Z00T)
Downloadable ROMs are expected to grab soon on the official get.cm website. CyanogenMod also says that the more devices will be added to the roster over the next few weeks. Also asked testers of the nightly builds not to file bugs for missing feature additions since this is all a work in progress position.
- This ROM only works with the already supported devices and don’t try this on any other devices expect the cones we have listed above.
- This ROM is an initial nougat alpha build and contains bugs. Following the step-by-step correctly or else you may brick your device. Thus, we are not responsible for any damage done to your phone.
- Installing this ROM might erase all your data stored in the phone, so we can only advice you to first make a complete backup of your device before you proceed.
- Check for the phone that should have at least 50-60% battery charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the progression.
How to download and install CM14.1 Nougat ROM
Step 1: Download official CM14.1 ROM for compatible devices and Gapps from above and save it on your device.
Step 2: Boot your device into Recovery Mode by pressing and holding the “Volume Down+Power button”.
Step 3: Once entered into recovery mode. In TWRP, create a Nandroid backup (recommended) of your device for safe side.
Step 4: Next, Factory Reset by heading to Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data to swipe, confirm it.
Step 5:Now install and locate the ROM .zip file & swipe to install the ROM file. Once this process completes, Flash the GApps zip file and Temporary WiFi fix.
Step 6: Wipe cache & Delvik cache again and Reboot the device.
Learn more from here.