Apple has released iOS 11.2.2 IPSW links and OTA update for all your compatible iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices. This could be the ninth official update to the iOS 11 operating system. Here’s exactly what it brings with it.
The newly released iOS 11.2.2 includes security improvements to Safari and WebKit to migrate the effects of Spectre (CVE-2017-5753 and CVE-2017-5715). It comes almost one month after the release of iOS 11.2.1, another minor update, and a month after iOS 11.2, which brought Apple Pay Cash, faster 7.5W wireless charging, and a huge list of bug fixes.
This specific release of iOS 11.2.2 for all iPhone and iPad versions running iOS 11.x contains security fixes, and aren’t specified as yet. But it’s been confirmed that the newly released patches devices to protect against the massive Spectre security flaw that was recently uncovered.
The update is being pushed out over-the-air, meaning that anyone running the most current iOS 11.2.1 version should be able to grab it as an IPSW download and install the update right now.
As mentioned, this latest release suggests, iOS 11.2.2 is very much a minor point release which has nothing more than bug fixes, security patches, internal improvements, and small refinements designed to make iOS more streamlined and clear to use for all compatible device owners. Otherwise, we need to remember that Apple has previously been forced to rush out new versions of iOS 11 ahead of schedule in order to fix some critical bugs. iOS 11.2.2 is another opportunity to stabilize and get things back on track.
Note: If you care about iOS 11.1.2 jailbreak, then, ignore this latest iOS 11.2.2 OTA update, as it comes with patches and later you won’t be able to jailbreak your iPhone or iPad.
The release notes of iOS 11.2.2 may note be feature-packed, Apple says “iOS 11.2.2 provides a security update and is recommended for all users“, but it’s every bit as important as any version of iOS which has come before it. Past issues reported should be eradicated by now, it should also include the required changes to ensure that all device owners get a positive experience.
If having a compatible iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, and want to get your hands on iOS 11.2.2, then you can go further to grab the OTA update right immediately. Go to Settings – General – Software Update section. Alternatively, if you prefer a fresh install, you can grab the relevant IPSW file for your device from the links below and then update or restore using iTunes.
iOS 11.2.2 Download IPSW Direct Links:
- iPhone 7 (iPhone9,1)
- iPhone 7 Plus (iPhone9,2)
- iPhone 6s, iPhone 6
- iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone SE, iPhone 5s GSM, iPhone 5s CDMA
- iPad Pro (10.5-inch)
- iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (1st generation | 2nd generation)
- iPad (9.7-inch)
- iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3
- iPad Pro (9.7‑inch)
- iPad Air 1, iPad mini 2
- iPod touch (6th generation)
- iPhone10,4 (iPhone 8)
- iPhone10,5 (iPhone 8 Plus)
- iPhone X
Up next to check:
- Saurik Gives Progress Update For Substrate Compatibility For iOS 11 / 11.1.2 Jailbreak With Cydia
- Meet Doogee V: An iPhone X, Galaxy S9 Clone With In-Display Fingerprint Reader
- iOS 11.2.5 Beta 3 IPSW / OTA Download Released, Here Are The Details
- Set Custom Boot Logo On iOS 11 / 11.1.2 iPhone Without Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 Using LiberiOS, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak 11.2.1 / 11.2/ 11.2.5 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Downgrade iOS 11 / 11.2.1 To 11.1.2 On iPhone Or iPad [How-To Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 On iPhone X, 8, 7, iPad Using LiberiOS [Updated]