Apple has released the new iOS 8.4 beta 3 download for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices. This the third for the next significant iOS software update for developers, labled build 12H4098c. Public Beta is also available as well, alongside Xcode 6.4 beta 3 too. Info on what is new, along with where to download it from is detailed here.
iOS 8.4 will be bringing with it a few changes to the end user, most of which can be attributed to an all-new Music app with a revamped look. Changes were already reflected in the first two betas of iOS 8.4 though, with the Music app sporting not just a new design, but Up Next functionality, a Mini Player, and a refreshed UI for iTunes Radio. With the new Beats Music app on your iOS device, Apple will be launching a streaming service based on that very service soon and will be integrated in this new Music app.
Since the release of iOS 8, Apple has been increasingly rolling out bug fixes and security improvements. The first two iOS 8.4 betas had been ruined with quite a few issues of their own, and this third beta is there to fix those lingering problems, which were more apparent in the new Music app. Bound to be possible battery fixes as well as Apple aims to further improve the performance of iOS. There are personalized playlists, global search capabilities that make it easier to search within the Music app.
Note: Siri is not able to control iTunes Radio in beta 4, AirPlay streaming may be broken, Home Sharing and Genius Mixes are not available, and there are stability issues when using Up Next or iTunes Radio.
Changes to the new Music app in iOS 8.4 beta 3:
- The iTunes Radio portion of the Music app has seen a few interface changes, including a new font for the “Recently Played” section at the top of the app and new fonts for each iTunes Radio category.
- Now Playing screen opens when you start playback of a song rather than just only appearing as the bar at the bottom of the display.
- New animation when hitting the Up Next button on the Now Playing screen
- There’s Offline options, with a new oggle in the Music app for showing music that’s available offline on a particular device. New icon for denoting which songs are stored offline.
- Trending Searches added in beta 2 have been removed and Search History includes both local and iTunes Radio seraches.
Beta 3 is right now available as an OTA update for users already running a previous pre-release build of iOS 8.4, and can be downloaded by going to Settings > General > Software Update. Side by the release of iOS 8.4 beta 3, the second public beta of Apple’s new mobile firmware is also made available. Boot it on your iDevice, and not a developer, then you can install it on your device right away. Guide is here, and by following it, you’ll be up and running it in a matter of minutes.
We come ahead of the redesigned streaming service which could be announced at WWDC 2015 this June. Since Apple had acquired Beats Electronics – along with Beats Music service, but with a rebranding, a redesign, deeper integration into iTunes, and a focus on exclusive content.
Download links for iOS 8.4 beta 3 are provided below. Notably, you will be required to sign in to iOS Dev Center before downloading.
- iPad Air 2 (Model A1566)
- iPad Air 2 (Model A1567)
- iPad mini 3 (Model A1599)
- iPad mini 3 (Model A1600)
- iPad mini 3 (Model A1601)
- iPad Air (Model A1474)
- iPad Air (Model A1475)
- iPad Air (Model A1476)
- iPad mini 2 (Model A1489)
- iPad mini 2 (Model A1490)
- iPad mini 2 (Model A1491)
- iPad (4th generation Model A1458)
- iPad (4th generation Model A1459)
- iPad (4th generation Model A1460)
- iPad mini (Model A1432)
- iPad mini (Model A1454)
- iPad mini (Model A1455)
- iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation)
- iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (model for ATT)
- iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (model for Verizon)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi (Rev A)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (GSM)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (CDMA)
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 5s (Model A1453, A1533)
- iPhone 5s (Model A1457, A1518, A1528, A1530)
- iPhone 5c (Model A1456, A1532)
- iPhone 5c (Model A1507, A1516, A1526, A1529)
- iPhone 5 (Model A1428)
- iPhone 5 (Model A1429)
- iPhone 4s
- iPod touch (5th generation)
You may also like to check out: