The current Homebrew Launcher for Nintendo Switch only have been compatible with firmware 3.0.0, so if you are on the firmware lower than 3.0.0, you’ll definitely want to update your Nintendo Switch console to the firmware 3.0.0. As of today, the highly anticipated Homebrew Launcher for the console, developed by Plutoo, is now here and available to download.
Making it fair and clear, only those who have firmware version 3.0.0 on their Nintendo Switch, can install the Homebrew Launcher update. And Nintendo Switch owners with a desire to install homebrew software and modify their system will have been looking forward to this release for quite a while.
As promised by the developer, has released a Homebrew Launcher for the Nintendo Switch. In order to update if the console isn’t running on firmware version 3.0.0, the recommended way to do this is to get a copy of Pokken Tournament DX, which ships with 3.0.0 firmware (a few reports state that some recent copies of the game ship with firmware 3.0.1, you don’t want to upgrade to 3.0.1 so be careful).
The release is only applicable to Switch game consoles running version 3.0.0 of Nintendo’s Switch firmware, os the device owners will need to update the software version to 3.0.0, technically, should they wish to install Homebrew Launcher.
With that said, also replied with the fact that who own a Switch running a prior version, updating is relatively easy via a copy of Pokken Tournament DX. It is worth noting that some individuals have reported something different version already. You can consider the aforementioned facts on this installation before you update.
For those Switch owners who have already updating beyond firmware version 3.0.0, will be out of luck at the current time and will need to see if any additional releases are put in place with additional compatibilities beyond 3.0.0.
Now that, the wait is over. Having Homebrew Launcher available for this particular version of the Nintendo Switch firmware is undoubtedly a great news for the homebrew community but isn’t massively useful to the average device owner at this current time given the lack of options when it actually comes to homebrew installations.
However, this release is not a Nintendo Switch black Friday deal. Reddit reports and others have mentioned that what can we and you do with the Homebrew Launcher today. As of now, there are not that many homebrews for the Nintendo Switch. The Switchbrew wiki has a page of homebrews that is desperately empty for now. But the fact that a few homebrews such as a hugely popular Doom game port for Switch exist. Maybe it’s just a matter of time, the switchbrew wiki being filled.
Unlike the world of iOS jailbreaking, which has literally hundreds, if not thousands, of tweaks and extensions available, the Nintendo Switch homebrew options are limited and not exactly plentiful. What is available is currently listed on the Switchbrew wiki. Learn more in all honesty.
The hackers point to a tutorial where you can learn how to make your own homebrew with libnx, as well as few samples. Hackers also explain that this is not a Kernal Exploit. Ultimately they intend to upgrade the launcher, at least to work with kernel hacks.
For now, Homebrew Launcher is available for installation for Nintendo Switch consoles sitting on firmware version 3.0.0 only.
Switch Homebrew Launcher. How To Install and Run
The Homebrew launcher comes with an extensive FAQ, we are shown below the part including ways to identify which firmware a new Switch console will ship with, how to install Homebrew Launcher and additional information on self-hosting the exploit.
- Download latest nx-hbmenu.
- Put the hbmenu.nro on the root of your sdcard.
- Insert the sdcard into the device.
- Set your Switch DNS server to 184.108.40.206, and perform a connection test.
- Click “Install”. If you see 2000-1337 on your screen it means installation succeeded.
- Restart the device, and perform a new connection test.
- Click “Run”. The exploit is finished when there’s a popup asking you to exit.
- Go to the home menu and click the Album icon.
You can Download the Homebrew Launcher from the official page here. All of this information can be found at GitHub page here.
Like it, check it out:
- iOS 11.3 Beta 3 Release Notes, Changes, Features: Everything New In One Place
- Download iOS 11.3 Beta 3 IPSW Links, OTA With Few New Under-The-Hood Features And More
- Download iOS 11.2.6 IPSW Links And OTA With Fix For Messages Crashing Bug
- How To Downgrade iOS 11.2.6 On iPhone, iPad, iPod touch The Easy Way
- iOS 11.2.6 Release Notes, Changes, Security Content: Everything You Need To Know
- Jailbreak iOS 11.2.6 / 11.2.5 / 11.2.2 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 On iPhone X, 8, 7, iPad Using LiberiOS [Updated]