Huawei India has started rolling out the Google’s latest mobile operating system Android 6.0 update for its Honor 7 smartphone, which was actually made official back in July this year and later introduced Huawei Honor 7 Enhanced Edition with Marshmallow running on it. Now that the device has started receving Android Marshmallow update in India. To get started with the OTA update, device owners will first have to register for it. How?
First and foremost, Huawei Honor 7 users need to register by providing their device EMEI number and current software version. According to Huawei, the Marshmalllow update for Honor 7 will hit the device within 24 to 48 hours after the registration.
A surprise to make the holiday season merry and bright – announcing Android M for #honor7!
If you own an honor 7, you can now register for the OTA update here: https://goo.gl/RRNG2z
[OTA update available only to those who register!]
The Android Marshmallow version 6.0 for Honor 7 update is available for only those who register using the Google Drive forum here, and once registered the upgrade brings with it Huawei EMUI 4.0 skin and several other new features with it.
- New added professional mode. Under this mode, you can use professional parameters in any combination to achieve the desired effect
- New Added document readjustment function. When enabled, you can clearly capture the text content appearing the lens.
- New added Paint filter, Feminine filter and Photo filter. You can get more amazing images now.
- New added various labels, you can change the font size, color and location now.
- New added creating memo on images supports you customize the unique memo for every image, and then set it as unique lock screen wallpaper.
- New added sport watermark element. Now you can add altitude data and your note on your travel photos.
- Optimized album functions. Now you can bulk add photos for new album. This greatly simplifies the process of creating an album and then adding photos to it.
- Support you to print multiple images one time. It can save all selected images for printing as PDF and print them together.
- New added Smart group function will help you to group your contacts according to company or organization names. If you want to group your contacts by this way, you just need to add company or organization names in contacts’ information. Your contacts will be automatically grouped.
- New added quickly reclaiming sending message, within 4 seconds after sending a message, you can reclaim it if you regret.
- New added a compass application, it integrated the functions of level gauge and compass.
- New added alarm ring duration selections, now how long the alarm will ring all depends on you!
- New added screen recording function, with it enabled, you can easily record your screen operating steps, then make it to a small course and share with others.
- New added eyesight protection mode in Display settings, when enabled, the backlight will be soft. It’s very helpful to relax your eye muscles keeping your eyes healthy.
- New added scheduled power on and power off functions, when enabled, your phone will auto power on and off, you will have a regular lifestyle which is very important to your healthy.
- New added notification panel and status bar will be convenient to look up some settings.
- Optimized tone settings adding power on tone, screenshot tone and emergency tone switches.
Final version of the 6.0 Marshmallow update for the Honor 7 is expected to roll out for all the users next month or early February 2016. As it will be rolled out for the Honor 6, Honor 6 Plus, Honor 4X and Honor 4C handsets by the second month of next year.