Apple has made available for download iOS 10.3 beta 3 to those registered on the Apple Developer Program.
The release today comes almost fourteen days after the introduction of second iOS 10.3 pre-release build, and approximately three weeks after Apple first revealed iOS 10.3 to the world in order to immediately get the latest version of the platform in front of those enthusiastic individuals who are eager to help Apple push iOS forward to iOS 11.
The initial release of iOS 10.3 although brought some really nice changes, improvements and additions for developers and testers. One of the major feature additions to include would be the updated Find My iPhone experience which now lets owners locate lost Apple AirPods if the need ever arises.
Another feature on iOS 10.3 you will find something that now lets users leave App Store reviews from within an app without having to leave the experience. There’s still a wholesome SiriKit improvements that should indeed improve the Siri experience not only pn Apple’s iOS devices, but also within third-party apps.
It may not be as interesting to end-users, Apple has also taken the chance to put together a whole new file system within iOS 10.3 called APFS, or Apple File System. The second iOS 10.3 beta exclusively focused on the progression of those new features, alongside the intro of a number of bug fixes, such as patching an issue ipad Pro owners were facing with Apple Pencil et al.
This latest beta 3 release is definitely a progression of those inclusions and changes, meaning that with future beta releases of iOS 10.3, we won’t be seeing anything new and noteworthy as Apple steamrolls to a final and stable version of the platform.
An existing beta version installed on compatible iPhone, iPad or iPod touch can grab the latest release right now as an over-the-air software update via the native Settings app (Settings > General > Software Update). For those new to this installation, head to developer.apple.com to get started.
An overview of changes discovered so far:
- Find My AirPods added to Find My iPhone app
- Siri support for cricket scores from Indian Premier League and International Cricket Council
- Safari support for Reduced Motion preference
- Prominent user security section in Settings app
- iOS 10.3 uses new Apple File System (APFS) which may free up some space
- Podcasts app has a widget like Music app, same app design
- New system level way for developers to request app rating, opt out option in Settings
- CarPlay status bar has persistent quick access to media, communication, and travel apps for quick switching without accessing the Home screen
- CarPlay gains quick access to albums from songs in Music, new Up Next screen
- Weather data in Maps app now has 3D Touch forecast
iOS 10.3 public beta 3 is now available to public testers yet. When ever it does, we will update and inform you about it accordingly. Stay tuned for more!
You may also like to check out:
- Jailbreak iOS 10.2.1 / 10.3 For iPhone And iPad [Latest Status Update]
- Download iOS 10, 10.2.1, 10.3 Beta Links & Install On iPhone 7, 6s, 6, Plus, SE, 5s, 5c, 5, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- WhatsApp / WhatsPad++ On iPad And iOS 10 Without Jailbreak, Here’s How To Install It
- Apple Reportedly Acquires An AI-Based Face Recognition Startup