Here’s what are iOS 11.2 beta 2 changes, official release notes and other changelog details you may want to know about.
Though the developer build of iOS 11.2 beta 2 has been released for all compatible 64-bit devices including iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices. As it was a couple of days ago rolled out only for the new iPhone X developers. Now that this release comes only a week after previous beta seed which was made available for both developers and public beta testers.
If you’re thinking about what’s new in this release? You won’t find anything groundbreaking here. According to Apple’s release notes, iOS 11.2 beta 2 does adds a feature that lets developers offer new customers discounted introductory pricing for auto-renewable subscriptions on the App Store. Other than that, iOS 11.2 beta 2 appears to be mainly a bug fixer release which includes security patches and under-the-hood improvements to make the overall experience a lot better than before.
Registered members from Apple Developer Program were able to download iOS 11.2 beta 2 for iPhone X already. The version iOS 11.2 addresses an animation bug in the Calculator app that caused some numbers and symbols to be ignored when entered in rapid succession. The update removes the animations from the calculator app so calculations can be done quickly with no need to pause between entering numbers to obtain the correct exact result.
In addition to the Calculator bug, iOS 11.2 also introduces a new Now Playing option for controlling content on the Apple TV in Control Center. It brings with it a redesigned camera emoji, and a new loading animation for Live Photos effects, alongside it, appears to introduce the TV app for Sweden and Norway.
Most important to note is that, iOS 11.2 beta 2 brings a new set of static and live wallpapers from iPhone X marketing material, AirPlay 2 feature on the Lock screen, and more. Considering the fact that even iOS 11.1 betas skipped on Apple Pay cash feature, it’s likely that iOS 11.2 might finally bring that feature to life in later betas as currently, that addition isn’t active as of beta 2 seed of iOS 11.2.
Several other promised iOS 11 features have not yet shown up in the current beta but indeed, be added ahead of the update’s release, including peer-to-peer Apple pay and iCloud support for iMessage.
You can check out Apple’s official release notes for iOS 11.2 beta 2 in full below:
New in iOS 11.2
Introductory Pricing for Auto-Renewable Subscriptions
Soon, you’ll be able to offer new customers a discounted introductory price for your auto- renewable subscriptions on the App Store. iOS 11.2 introduces new classes (SKProductDiscount and SKProductSubscriptionPeriod) and new properties on SKProduct (subscriptionPeriod and introductoryPrice) to provide details on the introductory pricing and billing period you’ve selected for your auto-renewable subscriptions. You can use these new API additions to localize and display information about introductory pricing to your users. You’ll be able to configure introductory pricing on your in-app purchase page in iTunes Connect soon.
Notes and Known Issues
- Continuing from a breakpoint while debugging an ARSession may result in VIO breaking. Any visual objects placed in the world/anchor are not visible. (31561202)
- AVCameraCalibrationData now contains correct information for the intrinsicMatrix property when using the TrueDepth camera on iPhone X. (34200225)
- InitializinganEKCalendarChooserfromEventKitnolongerresultinanappcrash. (34608102)
Workaround: Use startSecureConnection to establish a secure connection.
Photos UI API Extensions
- In iOS 11.2 beta 1 or later, the user interface of a photo editing extension is no longer limited to the safe area. Apple recommends following the Human Interface Guidelines for content insets. (34189209)
- Playing a podcast with chapter markers will no longer crash Podcasts. (35117025)
- For a broadcast extension that a user starts from within an app, the value for the RPVideoSampleOrientationKey of the CMSampleBufferRef of type RPSampleBufferType is always portrait. Starting the broadcast extension from the Control Center returns the correct value. (34559925)
- DisplayingapagecontrolinUIPageViewControlleroniPhoneXnolongeroverlaps the home indicator at the bottom of the screen. (34478195)
- UsingamodelthatoutputsanimagewithVNCoreMLRequestnowworkscorrectly. (34023914)
- VNHomographicImageRegistrationRequest and VNDetectBarcodesRequest now work correctly with images when using a request handler based on a URL. (34919881)
- VNFaceLandmarkRegion2D is currently unavailable in Swift. (33191123)
- Facial landmarks identified by the Vision framework may flicker in temporal use cases such as video. (32406440)
Xcode Known Issues
- Debugging a disabled Messages extension may cause Messages to crash. (33657938)
Workaround: Enable the extension before starting the debug session.
- After a simulated iOS device starts up, it’s not possible to pull down the Lock screen. (33274699)
Workaround: Lock and unlock the simulated device and then reopen Home screen.
Notes and Known Issues
- Under certain conditions, iTunes Store sign-in can fail when pairing. (35011633)
Workaround: Tap ‘Skip This Step’ to continue pairing and sign-in afterwards by launching Watch > General > Apple ID.
- In some cases, app icons may appear as placeholder images. (35146952)
Workaround: Uninstall and reinstall the app.
We will be installing the developer beta on our devices and sure, will start to dig deep to find if it has anything really new worth reporting about. If you have managed to install iOS 11.2 beta 2 on your test iPhone or iPad device and have noticed anything new compared to the previous release, let us know and share it with everyone around the world.
You may also like to:
- Download: iOS 11.2 Beta 2 IPSW Links And OTA Now Available For All Devices
- Install iOS 11.2 Beta 1 OTA Via Configuration Profile File Without Developer Account
- Download iOS 11, 11.1 , 11.0.3 Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Downgrade iOS 11 / 11.1 On iPhone Or iPad [How-To Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1 / 11.0.3 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]