Over a week after the South Korean company made available LG G5 purchase in the US, has today introduced a new software version of UX 5.0, detailing its features and giving us the glimpse of its mobile user interface. Based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow, the new LG UX 5.0 will not only includes LG Friends Manager application that enables users to easily connect with and take control over LG Friends modules and accessories, but it also brings with it several other new camera enhancements to the table, such as New Home screen, Always-On mode etc. The new UX 5.0 release will be available on the LG G5, and also rolling ut for upcoming smartphone models as well.
As aforementioned, the LG’s UX 5.0 includes LG Friends Manager which the company says is the best feature of the new user interafce, which nevertheless, not only detects the accessories, but it can also make downloads and installs all the required apps directly from the Google Play Store as well. It generates a different display for each of the LG Friend, paired with the 360 CAM, where the screen on the G5 will display photo previews and have shooting modes.
The modules like CAM Plus, Hi-Fi Plus, and the LG 360 CAM introduced for the G5 smartphone. Users can switch between the standard 78-degree lens to the 135-degrees wide angle lens, capture different angles of images at the same time using both the front and rear camera, set to 360-degree panorama shots captured by 360 CAM as wallpapers, move in sync with movements of the G5, and captured shoits from standard and wide angle lens to create a picture-in-a-frame effect.
The Friends Camera Album in the Gallery enables users to categorize and manage images captured with LG Friends such as 360 CAM and Rolling Bot. The biggest advantage of LG UX 5.0 is its enhanced support for LG G5’s extremely powerful camera Image and video capturing.
1. Zoom In & Out – Seamlessly switch between the standard 78-degree lens to the 135-degree wide angle lens by simply pinching the screen.
2. Auto Shot – An enhanced version of Gesture Shot, take the perfect selfies with this smart feature which triggers the shutter as soon as the users’ face is recognized.
3. Multi View – Captures different angles of images at the same exact moment using the front and rear cameras of the G5 and the LG 360 CAM.
4. 360 Wallpaper – Images taken with the LG 360 CAM can be displayed as a 360 panorama, shifting in sync with movements of the G5.
5. Pop-out Picture – Combine two images taken simultaneously with the standard and wide angle lens to create a picture-in-a-frame effect.
6. Film Effect – Raise the level of effects with this set of filters that deliver an “analog” feel to photos. Use Camera Preview to preview and change a filter on the fly before taking the shot.
LG has also refined its user interface and included several new smart features on LG UX 5.0 to enhance usability and convinience.
A User-Centric UX for Greater Convenience – Waht we Get:
New Home – Combined LG’s Home Screen with the App Drawer in the UX 5.0 software to simplify the user experience. For users who prefer the traditional style can download the Home & App Drawer from the settings menu on the LG G5 directly.
LG Health – Upgraded specifically for UX 5.0, that provides a Beginner as well as Advanced mode matched to the user’s profile. Start with that to switch to Advanced once your activities reach a certain level, staying motovated along the way with visual details on yoyr progress.
Alawys-on – Users can avoid the hassle of turning on the smartphone display just to check the time. With Alaways-on, all your key information including the date, notifications and SMS text icons are displayed on the G5 screen at all times.
Smart Doctor – This is another new feature inside LG UX 5.0. Keeps your G5 performing at its optimal level with solutions and tips based on your usage habits.
World Clock – Enhnached with an attractive graphical user interface, this intelligent clock displays the time in the cities which you selected around the world and immediately syncs them to whatever local time you set for easy scheduling of phone calls and meetings.
File Manager – Navigate the G5 as easily as navigating your PC with direct access to any folders or files indicated by the dictionary path at top level. Use the new search filter to quickly find documents, images and videos anywhere on your LG smartphone, G5.
Quick Help – Find answers to any doubts about the G5 quickly and easily or request feedback by e-mail.
LG Backup – Using LG Backup and NFC to restore made easy from other Android smartphones and can now record conversations from your favorite messenger app.
Drivers Security Method – In addition to LG’s familiar Knock Code, accurate fingerprint recognition is now built -into LG UX 5.0 to immensively provide added convenience and security.
“We analyzed the lifestyle of smartphone users to provide a superior mobile experience and greatly expanded the usability with LG UX 5.0,” said Juno Cho, president and CEO of LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company. “LG UX 5.0 and G5 were designed to provide an innovative user experience that reflects the needs of our most demanding customers.”
The LG UX 5.0 will come along with the LG G5 smartphones and will be rolling out to other devices very shortly and gradually. LG hasn’t announced the list of devices that will get the latest LG UX 5.0-based on Android Marshmallow, Alaways-on and more yet.
(Source: LG Introduced LG UX 5.0 For G5 Mobile)
You may also like to check out:
- LG G5 With Powerful Snapdragon 820 Chip, Modular Add-Ons, Dual Rear Camera Launched
- What Exactly LG G5 Specifications And Accessories Are, Worth Checking Out
- Magic Slot On New LG G5 Smartphone Would Be Playing Better Role In The Future
- LG G5 India Launch Date Set For Quarter 2 Of 2016