Both the Motorola’s Moto X Style and Moto X (2nd Gen) are now receiving Android 6.0 Marshmallow update over-the-air (OTA). As the Lenovo-owned company promised, has started rolling out Google’s latest mobile operating system.
“Full deployment will proceed in stages over the next few weeks. It is not yet available for pull, you will receive a notification on your phone when you are able to update your phone,” said Schuster in a Google+ post.
Change-log of the Android Marshmallow 6.0 update are like this:
First of all the phones after getting updates will receive a new Memory Manager that will let users check memory usage of all installed apps, second one in the upgrade brings an improved Volume control system, alongside Do Not Disturb button, which has been added to the quick settings panel. System UI Tuner includes, offering users few user-interface tweaks that will appear in the Settings menu at the very bottom, once enabled. Also brings App Standby mode to reduce battery drain by putting occasionally-used apps into a reduced activity-state. RAM manager in settings will show, will allow owners to view memory used by the phony system or of an individual app over different time frames. There’s still an automatic app backup to generate apps as well as associated data, and improved text selection.
Major improvements from Motorola includes Moto Display, which replaces the Ambient Display. Other changes includes Google Now on Tap which now allows contextual information to be delivered based on content on the screen with a long press of the home key; Doze, battery management feature that can detect when device is not in use and will automatically go into a deep sleep state which saves battery, and expandable storage support allows for microSD cards to be used either in a portable storage or an internal storage mode.
Reminder: Android 6.0 Marshmallow also brings App Links feature that allow users to decide right action for apps when a web link is tapped. Offers three actions to choose from, Open in the apps, Ask every time, and Don’t open this app.
- A new Memory Manager that lets you check memory usage of all your installed apps
- Volume controls have been greatly improved
- Do not disturb button has been added to the quick settings panel for easy access.
- System UI Tuner will appear in the settings menu at the very bottom once enabled. It provides a few simple UI tweaks.
- Google Now on Tap allows contextual information to be delivered based on content on your screen with a long press of the home key.
- Doze is a battery management feature that detects when your device is not in use and it will automatically go into a deep sleep state which saves your battery.
- App Standby reduces battery drain by putting seldom-used apps into a reduced activity state.
- Expandable Storage support allows for microSD cards to be used either in a portable storage or an internal storage mode. Portable storage allows your pictures, videos, audio and other media files to be stored. Internal storage allows both media storage along with apps and games but can not be used by other devices.
- RAM manager in settings which allows a consumer to view memory used by the system or an individual app over different time frames
- Automatic App backup not only backs up your apps but their associated data so when restored they will be the same as they were before
- Text selection has been improved
If you’ve received the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update on your Moto X Style or Moto X 2014 handset, let us know. Share your experiences through usual channels. For more details on Motorola next-gen handsets.