Finally, Apple appears to have made an exception to its rule that developers “embrace the notch” on the iPhone X. Has also made available to download Notch Remover app from the App Store.
All things approved by Apple, essentially, the app does is add a black bar at the top of selected images that the user can then manually assign as a wallpaper in iOS Settings.
The result conceals the existence of the top notch and the adjacent “ears” with what looks like a solid black status bar along the top of the Lock screen and Home screen.
Before this Notch Remover arrival, there were several other solutions to hide the iPhone X’s notch. Here are that story and tutorial. But the one-trick nature of the new Notch Remover app is unlikely to have been overlooked by Apple and approved in error. It also suggests that the company doesn’t actually interpret its function as a violation of iPhone X developer guidelines.
Don’t mask or call special attention to key display features. Don’t attempt to hide the device’s rounded corners, sensor housing, or indicator for accessing the Home screen by placing black bars at the top and bottom of the screen.
The notch houses Apple’s TrueDepth camera and Face ID technology, but it eats into the viewing area of the OLED display of iPhone X. Its existence has decided Apple fans, with the likes and dislikes, as many iPhone X owners say that they don’t really notice it after a few days or even a few hours with the new device. After which it ceases to be an issue for them.
Still though, if the notch just isn’t your thing to tackle with, Notch Remover offers to mitigate the screen intrusion for just $0.99. A silly little app that fixes a silly little problem?
(Source: The Verge)
You may also like to check out:
- How Battery Life Increased On OLED iPhone X With ‘Dark Mode’ Enabled
- Download BarMagnet Torrent IPA App For iOS 11 iPhone X [No Jailbreak Required]
- iOS 11.1.1 Jailbreak On iPhone X Demoed On Video
- iOS 11.1.1 Changelog, Release Notes, Security Content Released
- Downgrade iOS 11 / 11.1.1 On iPhone Or iPad [How-To Guide]
- Download iOS 11, 11.1.1, 11.1 Links & Install On iPhone 8, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.1 / 11.1 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]