Apple recently launched iPhone X with A11 Bionic chip and Face ID, which is the most important factor on the flagship this year. But there also has been a lot of concerns about just how secure the Face ID technology is. Various other forms of facial recognition and face authentication used by Android OEMs were found to be subpar in terms of security and could be easily fooled using a photo.
While Apple’s approach into this tech is somewhat more advanced and thus secure which is why the company boasts that Face ID is more secure than a fingerprint tech, or Touch ID. Proving Apple wrong are security experts from Bvak Corporation who has managed to fool Face ID using a special facial mask, which is crafted with 3D printing, 2D images, and “some sort of processing on the cheeks and around the face, where there are large skin areas, to only fool AI of Face ID.”
Those who don’t about Bkav, this is the first company in 2008 to demonstrate that the facial recognition system used in laptops from Toshiba, ASUS, Lenovo etc. were not good enough from a security viewpoint.
Now that the same company has fully planned its treatment on the iPhone X. There have been many attempts to fool Face ID on iPhone X. The ones that have been successful so far are too technical and require a lot of effort which should not bother regular customers. But that is only valid if they don’t have an identical twin.
Nevertheless! One must not forget that Face ID is still new and its performance, as well as the level of security it offers, is bound to improve over time as Apple improves the AI behind its new Face ID technology.
You may also like to check out:
- Using Apple Pay With iPhone X’s Face ID Authentication In 3 Easy Methods
- iOS 11.1.1 Jailbreak On iPhone X Demoed On Video
- iOS 11.1.1 Changelog, Release Notes, Security Content Released
- Download iOS 11.1.1 IPSW Links And OTA Featuring Bug Fixes For iPhone And iPad
- Downgrade iOS 11 / 11.1.1 On iPhone Or iPad [How-To Guide]
- Download iOS 11, 11.1.1, 11.1 Links & Install On iPhone 8, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.1 / 11.1 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]