Learn about Google’s new platform called Poly. This is one of the platforms where people can find and distribute virtual and augmented reality objects. The tool is integrated with Tilt Brush and Blocks, respectively Google’s VR painting and sculpting apps. The new Google tool is especially meant to provide an art library for people building with Google’s ARCore, Apple’s ARKit, or various VR development platforms. Here are the details you want to know about.
You could literally browse objects made in Google Blocks, while Poly is a more format project that’s aimed at making it pretty easy to whip together a VR or AR app. Google says that modelers are supposed to upload work for free, and other users can seamlessly build on or remix their work. Originally, doing so will create a new listing that credits and links back to the official. And yes, you can directly upload files. As Google is touting the ability to pull objects directly into a VR workspace and edit them.
There are many asset stores already available for virtual objects, most of which offer payment systems that let people support themselves through 3D development. Poly sounds more like a hobbyist system, though. It fits with Google’s intention and goal of making its new AR platform simple for newcomers to use. Poly acts as a showcase for 3D models that developers can plug and play into their own AR and VR creations. Poly allows anyone to upload or view 3D objects in a mobile or desktop browser.
- Razer Phone Announced: Huge Bezels, No Headphone Jack, And More
- iOS 11.1 Release Notes, Changelog: All New Changes For Your iPhone Or iPad
- Download iOS 11.1 IPSW Links And OTA Update Of Final Version
- Install iOS 11.2 Beta 1 OTA Via Configuration Profile File Without Developer Account
- Download iOS 11.2 Beta 1 IPSW Links And OTA Update For Your iPhone And iPad
- Downgrade iOS 11 / 11.1 On iPhone Or iPad [How-To Guide]
- Download iOS 11, 11.0.3, 11.1 Links & Install On iPhone 8, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.0.3 / 11.0.2 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]