Here are iOS 11.2 beta 1 changes, official changelog and release notes details that you may want to know about clearly.
In iOS 11.2 beta 1 or later, the main user interface of a photo editing extention is no longer limited to the safe area. Other than that, it has also been confirmed that the latest developer beta of iOS 11.2 has fixed a Calculator bug issue that caused incorrect calculations when numbers are rapidly entered and much more.
Apple dropped now is iOS 11.2 beta 1 for developers earlier today, and it comes before the final version of iOS 11.1 certainly was surprising. Though, what’s so special or new about this release?
Starting with a groundbreaking user-interface wise. If Apple’s official release notes of iOS 11.2 are anything to go by, it appears to be mainly a bug fixe release which includes security patches and under-the-hood improvements to make overall experience even better than previous.
As this new version of beta includes iPhone 8/8 Plus marketing still wallpapers now available on older iPhones. No sign of Apple Pay Cash or Messages in iCloud yet, but some level of AirPlay 2 present. Facebook app included during beta. Calculator bug caused by slow animation fixed. Some of new emojis are tweaked and others.
Considering the fact that even iOS 11.1 betas skipped on Apple Pay Cash feature, it’s likely that 11.2 might finally bring it to life in later betas. Currently there’s no hint of that feature in the first beta of iOS 11.2 either.
You can have a llok at Apple’s official iOS 11.2 release notes in full below:
Notes and Known Issues
- After using an iPhone with an iPhone dock, using a charger without the dock requires restarting the phone.
- Continuing from a breakpoint while debugging an ARSession may result in VIO breaking. Any visual objects placed in the world/anchor are not visible. (31561202)
- When using the TrueDepth front-facing camera on iPhone X, setting the capture device’s activeFormat to a binned video format (see AVCaptureDeviceFormat isVideoBinned) for capture and enabling delivery of camera calibration data causes the resulting AVCameraCalibrationData to contain invalid information for the intrinsicMatrix property. (34200225)
- Workaround: Select an alternate capture format whose isVideoBinned property is false.
- Note: Configuring a capture session using a session preset never selects binned formats.
- Initializing an EKCalendarChooser from EventKit can result in an app crash. (34608102)
- Storing data to a nondefault event store in EventKit may not work. (31335830)
- Workaround: Use startSecureConnection to establish a secure connection.
Photos UI API Extensions
- In iOS 11.2 beta 1 or later, the user interface of a photo editing extension is no longer limited to the safe area. Apple recommends following the Human Interface Guidelines for content insets. (34189209)
- Playing a Podcast with chapter markers may cause the Podcasts app to crash. (35117025)
- Workaround: Ask Siri to play a Podcast without chapter markers.
- For a broadcast extension that a user starts from within an app, the value for the RPVideoSampleOrientationKey of the CMSampleBufferRef of type RPSampleBufferType is always portrait. Starting the broadcast extension from the Control Center returns the correct value. (34559925)
- Displaying a page control in UIPageViewController on an iPhone X no longer overlaps the home indicator at the bottom of the screen. (34478195)
- Using a model that outputs an image with VNCoreMLRequest now works correctly. (34023914)
- VNHomographicImageRegistrationRequest and VNDetectBarcodesRequest now work correclty with images when using a request handler based on a URL (34919881)
- VNFaceLandmarkRegion2D is currently unavailable in Swift. (33191123)
- Facial landmarks identified by the Vision framework may flicker in temporal use cases such as video. (32406440)
- Debugging a disabled Messages extension may cause the Messages app to crash. (33657938)
- Workaround: Enable the extension before starting the debug session.
- After a simulated iOS device starts up, it’s not possible to pull down the Lock screen. (33274699)
- Workaround: Lock and unlock the simulated device and then reopen Home screen.
We will surely update this log as we’re now currently in the process of installing the developer beta on our devices. As we find anything new, worth reporting about it, soon. In the meantime, if you already have managed to install iOS 11.2 beta 1 on your test devices (iPhone or iPad) and have noticed something new compared to previous 11.x releases, please do share it with everyone.
We will be back wit more excited news and coverage on iOS 11.2 beta 1. Stay tuned to us for more.
Update x1: iOS 11.2 beta 1 has fixed the Calculator issue where stock app would give wrong incorrect answer when type 1+2+3 where quickly added.
- Download iOS 11.2 Beta 1 OTA Via Configuration Profile File Without Developer Account
- Download iOS 11.2 Beta 1 IPSW Links And OTA Update For Your iPhone And iPad
- Downgrade iOS 11 / 11.1 On iPhone Or iPad [How-To Guide]
- Download iOS 11, 11.0.3, 11.1 Links & Install On iPhone 8, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.0.3 / 11.0.2 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]