A new report has surfaced suggesting that Apple will have three new iPhones ready for launch next year. According to KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, believing that Apple will release new 5.8-inch and 6.5-inch iPhone models with OLED displays and one interesting 6.1-inch model with an LCD display.
What’s more interesting is that Kuo admits that all three new iPhones will feature an iPhone X-like edge-to-edge design, that too with the TrueDepth camera required by Face ID, which is also expected to be part of the aesthetics. Otherwise, the most prominent thing of the three screen sizes is middle one at 6.1-inches. Kuo says it will feature an LCD display similar to the current existing iPhone 8 Plus but have iPhone X-like design.
The only thing different is the lack of an OLED screen on the 6.1-inch iPhone will allow Apple to offer the device to low-end or mid-range markets. With an expected launch price of between $649 to $749. There’s still no mention of the expected pricing for the other screen options aforementioned.
Two new OLED models target high-end market; new TFT-LCD model aims at low-end & midrange markets: We believe the major hardware difference in the two new OLED models is size, in a bid to satisfy various needs of the high-end market. The new TFT-LCD model will differ significantly from the OLED models in hardware and design specs (for instance, the PPI will be lower). The primary selling points of the TFT-LCD model may be the innovative user experience of an integrated full-screen design and 3D sensing with a lower price tag (we expect it will likely be US$649-749).
And yes, it seems very early to be confident of Apple’s 2018 iPhone lineup. If Kuo and his suggestions are anything to be trusted, we can expect to see an updated iPhone X, a larger iPhone X Plus and also a mid-range LCD offering that all will carry similar features to the iPhone X but at a lower price point.
We have no doubt we’ll please to hear more about Apple’s 2018 iPhone models in the coming months. Stay tuned for more!
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 11.2 Beta 3 Changes, Release Notes, And Changelog Details You Need To Know About
- How Battery Life Increased On OLED iPhone X With ‘Dark Mode’ Enabled
- Download BarMagnet Torrent IPA App For iOS 11 iPhone X [No Jailbreak Required]
- iOS 11.1.1 Jailbreak On iPhone X Demoed On Video
- Downgrade iOS 11 / 11.1.1 On iPhone Or iPad [How-To Guide]
- Download iOS 11, 11.1.1, 11.1 Links & Install On iPhone 8, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.1 / 11.1 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]