Here’s another PlayStation 4 system update (PS4 5.0) is available to download now. More stability improvements are on the way? Not much as we are expected earlier.
According to patch notes, update 4.73 simply improves the quality of the system performance on the PS4 console. Other than that, don’t expect it to do too much. It weighs in at around 340MB, and it’s mandatory to install – just turn your PS4 on and the update should being downloading automatically. It follows another update, released last month, that also improved system performance.
Sony announced that the PS4’s big 5.0 update is on the way. Beta sign ups now available, open already. As per Sony itself, beta will start in “early August,” through there’s currently no clue as to when the upgrade will be released for all. No exact information on what the patch will include.
The last big PS4 update, 4.50, added Boost Mode for PS4 Pro owners an external hard drive support, among other things. The Boost Mode feature aims to improve the quality and performance of games that haven’t been patched to support PS4 Pro.
- PS4 Firmware 4.5 Beta Supports External USB HDD, 3D Blu-ray Playback On PS VR, More
- PS4 Firmware Update 4.50 Released With Boost Mode, External HDD Support, Download Now
- How To Get Remote Play For PS4 On iPhone And iPad
- You Can Now Play PS4 Games On Windows PC
- Fix PS4 Slow WiFi And Download Speed Issues For Real
“This can provide a noticeable frame rate boost to some games with variable frame rates, and can provide frame rate stability for games that are programmed to run at 30 Hz or 60 Hz,” Sony explained at the time.
It’s your turn to decide whether to update your PS4 right away or not. Stay tuned for more details on PlayStation 5.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Specs Leaked In Full
- Download Windows 10 S ISO Image File Directly From Microsoft
- Download iOS 10.3.3 Final IPSW Links For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- Pokemon Go 1.39.1 IPA And 0.69.1 Hack Available To Download Now
- HBO Hack Allegedly Leaks Game of Thrones S7E4 Script