Yet another report suggesting that Apple’s 6.1-inch 2018 LCD iPhone may not be available or go on sale until October. The delay is said to be down to production with the innovative backlighting system, which is believed to be key factor to the near-bezel-free design.
We also have seen the tempered film of all three 2018 iPhones, where the 6.1-inch LCD iPhone border is wider, and the 5.8-inch, as well as 6.5-inch iPhone, is an OLED screen with a narrow border. Check out the images below.
A noted analyst Morgan Stanley’s Katy Huberty, suggests that the 6.1-inch LCD iPhone release is delayed:
We currently see no delay in the ramp of Apple’s upcoming flagship 5.8″ or 6.5″ OLED iPhones. However suspected issues with LED backlight leakage have caused a 1 month delay in mass production of the 6.1″ LCD iPhone, although this is down from a 6-week delay baked into the original production forecast, according to suppliers …
Well, it’s not the first time hearing reports of production delays with the LCD model. Supply chain analyst Ming-Chi Kuo already said the same thing last month. Although he believed that Apple would be able to play catch-up and still have the device on sale in September.
Kuo continues to believe that the 6.1-inch iPhone will feature an LCD display but with the all-screen style introduced with the iPhone X. Because of this design decision, Kuo now argues, mass production is more difficult and will kick off later in the year, but the analyst expects models to be ready in time for release in September. Compare that to last year when the LCD iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus shipped in September, and the OLED iPhone X debuted in November.
Huberty warning that a delay to the LCD model would mean that Apple’s guidance for the September quarter will be lower than the current consensus expectation. However, she believes that Apple will report June quarter results in line with both guidance and Wall Street forecasts.
Just today, we have written a post regarding new colors expected to be available for the 6.1-inch LCD iPhone, though there are conflicting reports on exactly which ones Kuo predicts grey, white, gold blue, red and orange. If we take black and Space Gray to refer to the same thing, then a fresh report agrees on black, white, blue, and orange, but instead of gold and red suggests yellow and taupe.
Up next in Jailbreak:
- iOS 11.4.1 Jailbreak: Here’s The Latest Development That You Should Know About
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4 Beta 3 On iPhone X, 8, 7 Using Electra, Here’s How [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4 Beta 3, iOS 11.3.1 Final Without Computer Using TweakBox Electra App
- Downgrade To iOS 11.4 Beta 3, 2, 1 IPSW Download And Jailbreak Using Electra Now Possible
- Download iOS 11.4.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Download iOS 12 Beta 4 IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad [Devs Only]
- Download iOS 12 Beta 4 Configuration Profile File Without Developer Account
- Download iOS 12 Beta 4 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]