Apple’s new notebook lineup is a little bit unclear right now. But the Cupertino-based company aging MacBook Air could finally be getting ready for a refresh soon. According to a new report, Apple is slated to launch a new, lower-cost laptop with Intel’s 8th-gen Kaby Lake processors by the end of 2018.
With the MacBook, MacBook Air, and two flavors of MacBook Pro models on offer right now, there is an argument to be made that the whole line needs work. So, the new, low-cost MacBook of sorts said to be in the works, and also, it’s unclear whether it will be called MacBook, MacBook Air or indeed something else. Otherwise, all we can really say for sure is that it will be a cheaper variant than the MacBook Pro.
The report, which aired from Taiwan’s Economic Daily News – shared what it claims that the new device will use Intel’s eighth-generation Kaby Lake CPUs that were released during the second half of last year. It also suggests that the refreshed lineup will include Core i5 and Core i7 models with clock speeds of 1.6GHz and 1.9GHz with Turbo speeds starting at 3.4GHz before topping out at a respectable 4.2GHz. All chips include integrated Intel UHD Graphics 620 and support up to 32GB of DDR4 or LPDDR3 RAM memory.
Any refreshed MacBook Air lineup using these chips would definitely see a significant speed boost over the existing computers, something that MacBook Air fans have been crying out for. Now, the report doesn’t mention the MacBook Air brand by name, but it does suggest that the laptop will have a 13-inch Retina display and a sub-$1,000 starting price – two traits that Apple’s lowest-end notebook is known for.
While Apple’s next cheap MacBook laptop could be a big step up from the current Air lineup, it could also find itself way behind the competition. Intel’s more powerful Whiskey Lake CPUs may also be finding their way to new laptops by the time the all-new MacBook Air hits the shelves.
(Source: Economic Daily News [Google Translate])
Up next to check out:
- Download iOS 12 Beta 5 IPSW Links, OTA Update Now
- iOS 11.4.1 Jailbreak: Here’s The Latest Development That You Should Know About
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4 Beta 3 On iPhone X, 8, 7 Using Electra, Here’s How [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4 Beta 3, iOS 11.3.1 Final Without Computer Using TweakBox Electra App
- Downgrade To iOS 11.4 Beta 3, 2, 1 IPSW Download And Jailbreak Using Electra Now Possible
- Download iOS 11.4.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Download iOS 12 Beta 5 Configuration Profile File Without Developer Account
- Download iOS 12 Beta 5 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]