Here’s an extremely easy way to unjailbreak or remove Electra 1131 iOS 11.3.1 / 11.4 jailbreak without even updating to iOS 11.4.1 firmware on your iPhone or iPad.
If you find yourself in a jailbroken state on iOS 11.3.1, but also for one or another reason want to entirely remove that jailbreak, then, we can help you from quitting. This guide is going to show you an exact solution in just a few easy-to-follow steps.
Before you step forward into the hurdle, make sure to take note of the requirements listed below so as to not experience any issues with this unjailbreak process. Remember this, too! You’re going to be using a third-party script for this so always exercise caution and heed warnings. Also, this is not meant for a normal person or individual, rather only for more advanced users so if you don’t consider yourself best. We recommend waiting for a more easier method for you as a whole, which might come to some point in the future.
Now, let’s get down to business, starting off with some basic requirements and checklist.
* First and foremost is that this will not work if you have updated your device from iOS 10 using a FutureRestore method.
* This method is also not relevant if you have used the jailbreak to modify system files or have installed packages like Filza.
* If you have SSH’d into your device and installed a package that way, then, once again, this method will not work for you.
* In order to remove the jailbreak, you will need to actually have the jailbreak and access to a functional Cydia installation.
* Access to a Mac or PC.
Step 1: Launch Cydia on the device. In the Search page, search for “subs” and tap into the Substitute package.
Step 2: Substitute should be installed on your device as it’s part of the Electra jailbreak process, basically Electra’s replacement for Substrate. Uninstall this from your device, which, in turn, will remove all installed tweaks which have Substrate as a dependency and could interface with the unjailbreaking process.
Step 3: Exit Cydia, launch the Electra app and make sure that it says “Already Jailbroken.”
Step 4: Once again in Cydia, simply search for OpenSSH. Make sure that this is installed. It should be as part of the default set of installations during the jailbreak. If it’s not, install it.
Step 5: You will now need to download some packages to your machine for modifications. First of all, download the wonderful Cyberduck package from cyberduck.io. Additionally, if you are running a Windows PC – you’ll need to download and install PuTTY from putty.org.
Step 6: Now, you have to download the “delectra” package from GitHub – head on over to the repository here to get it.
Step 7: Unzip the downloaded delectra .Zip files and drag the unjailbreak.sh file to your desktop. Launch Cyberduck and then, select the Open Connection button. Make sure that SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol) is selected from the drop-down.
Step 8: You will need the IP address of the jailbroken iOS device to add into the Server field. Add root as the username, alpine as the password. Select Connect and then Allow to make the connection.
Step 9: Drag the jailbreak.sh file into the Cyberduck window to copy it across to the root of the connected device.
Step 10: If you are using Windows, launch PuTTY. Mac users can launch the native Terminal app. Type the following command: ssh root@[ip address].
Note: “[ip address]” will be replaced with the IP address of your iOS device.
Step 11: Hit Enter and then again, enter the relevant password (alpine) when requested.
Step 12: Type the following command to run the unjailbreak script: bash ./unjailbreak.sh.
Step 13: Information about the script will be given that you will need to take note of. If you want to continue with the process, press Enter on the warning.
Step 14: The Terminal/PuTTY app will also give info on the process before rebooting and closing the connection to the device due to the removal of OpenSHH. Once rebooted, the jailbreak will be removed completely.
The answer is here! You now have Electra removed, and can re-jailbreak again, should you feel like interesting.
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4 Beta 3 On iPhone X, 8, 7 Using Electra, Here’s How [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4 Beta 3, iOS 11.3.1 Final Without Computer Using TweakBox Electra App
- Downgrade To iOS 11.4 Beta 3, 2, 1 IPSW Download And Jailbreak Using Electra Now Possible
- iOS 12 Dev Beta 4 Download, Public Beta 3 Expected Release Date
- Download iOS 11.4.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Download iOS 12 Beta 3 Configuration Profile File Without Developer Account
- Download iOS 12 Beta 3 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]