January 2015 was the month when Xiaomi announced two new top-end Mi Note phablets – the Mi Note and the Mi Note Pro. Available since then through the company’s signature flash sales in China, and notably, so far the latter Mi Note Pro wasn’t been released as yet. If you’re been much-anticipated of the Mi Note Pro, then the wait is gone, now that the gadget is ready for pre-order, but from May 6, 2015. More details on how-to pre-order Mi Note Pro can be found right after this jump.
Xiaomi CEO Lei Jun on his Weibo account posted that the Mi Note Pro will finally become available to order starting May 6th. Still has a catch here, wonder it’s still unclear if your order placed will be shipped immediately or not and said, at least you will be able to order one, after many months or awaiting.
Although, the Xiaomi’s new Mi Note Pro is a beast which can compete with its aesthetics and performance versus Huawei P8 and Huawei P8max, which were announced a day before this writing on April 15. Specifications wise, the Mi Note Pro is paired with 4GB of RAM, Snapdragon 810 SoC and what else do you need to know about can be checked below.
However, the Mi Note Pro design is similar to its predecessor Mi Note, but it’s got higher-end hardware internals. It comes with a 5.7-inch QHD touchscreen, 4 gigs RAM, 64GB onboard storage, and is powered by Qualcomm’s S810 chipset, which nevertheless brings with it the support for Cat.9 LTE (with 450Mbps peak download).
The Mi Note Pro Camera department is laid by a 13-megapixel sensor on its back and a 4MP on its front for best selfie captures, and the battery life is backed by a 3000mAh package.
Xiaomi Mi Note Pro Key Features
- 5.7-inch (2560 x 1440 pixels) IPS display with 551PPI resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Ouad-Core Snapdragon 810 processor (four x 1.5GHz ARM A53 + four x 2.0 GHz ARM A57 ) with Adreno 430 GPU
- 4GB DDR4 RAM, 64GB internal memory
- MIUI on top of Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- Dual SIM (micro + nano)
- 13MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, OIS, Sony IMX214 BSI sensor, 6-element lens, f/2.0 aperture, 4K video recording
- 4MP front-facing camera
- 6.95mm thick and weighs 161 grams
- 4G LTE (cat.9 up to 450Mbps) , WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4/5 GHz), WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 4.1 and GPS
- 3090mAh battery
In order to grab your hands on Xiaomi Mi Note Pro – you will need to pay CNY 3,299 – translates into a rough $532 or €496 – hands-on