ZTE has took the wraps off the Axon 7 smartphone, it’s the company’s flagship device added to its gorgeous portfolio. Here’s what we got hands-on is the full list of its specs, and quite handful of official images. Unfortunately, the company didn’t mentioned the handsets pricing yet.
Although the Axon 7 will be available in three variants – a 4GB RAM model with 64GB storage (priced at 2,899 yuan), in India it goes for Rs 29,648 approximately or US$ 442. Next one with the same 4 gigs of memory but 128GB of storage costs 3299 yuan (US$ 502 / INR 33,739) and the final model of Axon 7 with 6GB RAM and 128GB of internal storage is priced at 4099 yuan (US$ 625 / Rs. 41,914 approx.).
Rest of the ZTE Axon 7 specifications includes, a 5.5-inch AMOLED (2560 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD 2.5D curved glass display with Gorilla Glass 4 protection. It is powered by a Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 64-bit processor, paired by Adreno 530 GPU and comes with expandable microSD card slot.
The high-end iteration of the Axon 7 also comes with 3D Touch-like functionality, thanks to the pressure-sensitive display. The smartphone runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow with MyFavor UI 4.0 skin on top and is backed up by a 3250mAh battery with Qualcomm’s Quick Charge 3.0 support.
Photography front, the Axon 7 carries a 20-megapixel rear camera with dual LED flash, Samsung ISOCell sensor, Sapphire lens, PDAF, OIS, f/1.8 aperture on the back panel, and for selfies, it uses a 8-megapixel front-facing sensor. It offers a Hybrid Dual SIM, 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n, NFC, USB Type-C port, Bluetooth 4.2, and GPS.
The ZTE Axon 7 comes in Ion Gold and Quartz Bray colors. It will be available for order through Jd.com in China starting today and goes on sale from June 2nd.
- 5.5-inch (2560 x 1440 pixels) AMOLED 2.5D curved glass display (optional force touch)
- Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 64-bit processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB RAM with 64GB / 128GB internal storage and 6GB RAM with 128GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) MiFavor UI 4.0
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano+nano/microSD)
- 20MP rear camera with dual LED Flash, 4K video recording, PDAF, OIS, f/1.8 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- AK4961+AK4490, Stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 151.7×75×7.9mm; Weight: 185g
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3250mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
The Axon 7 will start at $449 in the US and €409 in Europe, in unlocked form of course. A release timeline for the phone in the US and Europe hasn’t been provided thus far.